Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Tues., 2/23/21, Peyton and Isaac came, Went for a walk with Melissa and Hailey


Peyton and Isaac taking a lunch break while we were playing Tonk

 Melissa, Hailey being silly, and me
 
This morning had a bagel with onion and chive cream cheese and coffee instead of oatmeal. Vikki brought Peyton and Isaac and she had a cup of coffee with me before she left for work.  She showed me a very sweet note Peyton had written her.  It was so precious.  We did spelling and they had some hard words again, but did good with practice.  We read some in our three books.  They wanted to play Tonk after that.  We played, but they get such little scores none of us were even close to 100 so the game would be over.  We even had to quit for a while to eat lunch.  We played Tonk until Vikki came.  We still didn't finish, so decided to make 50 the cutoff instead of 100.  These two don't pick up 2's or even A's.  They go for the Jacks and Jokers which are 0 points.  They sure do good though.  I still won, but not by much.  It was so sunny and warm out... 46 degrees today!  I went over to Melissa's at 4:30 and she and Hailey went for a walk around the subdivision with me.  We had fun visiting and sure enjoyed the warm sunshine.  It was a little breezy, so Melissa and I wore hats and mittens...not Hailey though....she's a true teenager.  I came home and Bill had a zoom board meeting with Doug and the group.  I had prayer with the prayer team at church.  We had a Clementine when I got home.  They were juicy and good!  We watched Counting On.  

2 comments:

Lela F Russell said...

So good to feel that we are beginning to emerge from a cold and snowy winter. It's the beginning. Love spring when new life is evident. Perhaps without the winter spring would not be so anticipated. it's the time of new life, new surprises and just a good feeling at least for me. Anticipation of what will be.

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

I feel the same way Lela. Love the anticipation and it wouldn't be there if we didn't have winter. We are blessed.