Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Tuesday, 2/2/21, Peyton and Isaac came over, worked on bedroom


 Peyton, me and Isaac
 Isaac and Peyton doing a virtual field trip to Hartley
                  There was old masking tape on the wood that wouldn't scrape off.
                                                                             
I got up early and took the garbage and recycling out.  We ate oatmeal and had our coffee.
Read our Bibles. Vikki brought Peyton and Isaac over and got them set up to do their online field trip.  It was cute listening to them answering questions and having fun.  It was at Hartley Nature Center.  Their assigned names were Henry and Annabelle.  We did spelling after that.  Then we did reading.  Isaac read like a 7th grader today.  I was amazed.  The squirrels kept coming to my feeder and I would knock on the window to scare them but they were bold and didn't get scared off.  Isaac had the idea of blowing his recorder when I opened the door.  That worked great.  They would be gone 10-15 minutes.  Then he said it would be louder if he took the end off.  That really worked.  They didn't come back the rest of the day and it looked like they were running to the neighbors lol.  Vikki picked them up and they went home to do their virtual school.  Isaac couldn't find his phone charger.  He said he remembered it was where papa sits.  Bill looked and said there was no charger.  After Isaac left, Bill found it. He was sitting on it.  I worked on getting old dried on masking tape off the wood window and closet trim in the bedroom.  Not an easy job, until I thought of using the steamer Vikki got me.  So much easier.  I painted one coat on the window trim.    
We did our prayer night group.  It's nice because there is Zoom for those of us who don't want to go and there is also in person.  I had to add events to our Faith Rider Newsletter, because Kevin took the Activities over and didn't send the event dates to me.  Bill and I had almonds, cashews and chocolate covered almonds as a snack while we watched the movie called "Where Hope Grows".  It had a kid starring in it that had Downs Syndrome.  He reminded Bill and I of Kenny.  He looked so much like him and acted like him.  He was such a smart actor.  It sure made me want one of Kenny's hugs.  Not a movie for kids, even though it's a Christian themed movie, but sure enjoyed this kids acting and heart.  I was thankful for another great update on Lela today.  We prayed in our church prayer group for her tonight.  

No comments: