Saturday, November 5, 2022

Sat. 11/5/22, Made scrambled eggs and hash browns for the boys in the morning, another family day plus Claire which was fun


Eli, Evan and Jack had lots of fun playing basketball

Eli breaking the rules!




Playing 5 Crowns...Claire brought it for us to learn.  It is pretty much the same as 3-13 so everyone was happy to play it and caught on super fast
Kimmy, Adam, Vikki, Jared, Claire and Bill playing Skip Bo


Our tree last year on this day
Our tree today!
Peyton holding a cute puppy at the pet store
Sweet Brielle found her thumb.  She's so cute and her eye is so much better.
Strong winds today did this to Melissa and Bruce's Trampoline.  It broke the neighbors fence.  I felt so bad when Melissa told me because I know how much the kids love their trampoline.
Beautiful sunset tonight!


I was up for about an hour before the boys got up.  I blew the leaves off the deck and then put the grill away and covered it.  Didn't get to it last night and there were so many leaves, I didn't want to put it away til the deck was clean where it goes.  Jack came out when I was done and gave Kit Kat some attention.  

I made scrambled eggs, hash browns and toast for breakfast.  Jack and Eli ate lots and Eli loved the chocolate milk I gave him.  Evan just wanted Lucky Charms.  The boys went outside to play basketball after they ate.  It was fun watching them.  Jack and Eli stayed outside while Evan and I came in to play ping pong.  Vikki, Adam and Peyton got here, so we didn't finish our game.  Adam took a shower here.  He always says he loves our shower. 
Vikki trimmed my hair and did a great job.  She got her hair trimmed today and it looks great too. 

Kimmy, Jared, Jacob got here shortly after Vikki.  Jared and Adam went to pick up Claire to come spend the day.  We all had a great time with her.  Melissa came at around 1 to spend the day too.  It was so much fun having her to hang out with here.  Everyone had fun playing games and hanging out together.  Vikki made some great bean dip to put on tortilla chips.  It was so good. Yum!  I put out stuff for sandwiches and then made bagel bites for Eli and Jack.  They each wanted more, and Vikki wanted to try one too, and Claire wanted one, but I talked her into two.  They played more games after we ate.  We ate late because I was cleaning my oven and the oven door wouldn't unlock until it was done and the oven was cool enough.  The kids had fun in the basement.  Jack, Eli, Melissa, Peyton, Jacob and I watched the movie Overcomer.  It was such a touching movie.  

Vikki trimmed Melissa's hair too.  It looks really nice too!  Vikki does an amazing job.  We are so thankful she is always willing to do this for us.  

Jared and Bill played ping pong and Bill won two games.  He will probably be sore tomorrow.  He and Jared are both great players.  Vikki and Peyton left, then Kimmy, Jared, the boys and Claire left next.  Melissa, Jack Bill and I had ice cream while Melissa waited for Bruce to come get them.  It was windy all day, but it got super windy out while we were eating our ice cream.  The tree branches on our huge maple were really moving the wind was blowing so hard.  The leaves around it blew away though.  That was one good thing.  They were blowing towards the field next to our neighbor's driveway.  The sun poked through the grey clouds and the winds calmed down a little bit.  Bruce and Evan got here and picked up Melissa and Jack.  Evan did great at his basketball practice.  The sunset was just beautiful.  Nothing like the beauty God creates.  I talked to Melissa and she sent me a picture of their broken trampoline the wind blew into the neighbors privacy fence.  I felt so bad for them.  The kids use the trampoline all the time and have so much fun on it.  

Bill and I each had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich while we watched a good movie, called Prescription for Love on Amazon Prime.  It always takes a while to find one that is rated 7+ or all with no bad language or violence in it.  Always worth the hunt though.  We've watched so many good movies.

No comments: