Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Thurs., Nov 10, 2022, Breakfast at Denny's with Bill, lots of yard work, Christmas lights started, Nativity out, Marine Corp Ball...247th Birthday

Me raking the dead stuff from the plants Bill cut down for me


Yard covered with lights we untangled
Bill untangling lights.  He threw out the things you roll them on when he took them down and just threw them in the tub.  Lesson learned

Two very good helpers.  They helped Vikki set our nativity up and did a great job.
Bill and I by the Marine Corp. 247th year Birthday Cake
Alec, James and Bill
Bill and I
Me and my sweet friend Maddy
Good message from the State Chaplain tonight
Alec being honored as the youngest Marine there
He got served the 3rd piece of cake.  The rest of us had to wait until after our meal
The previous Marines of the year (Bill second from left) with this years Marine of the Year
These young ones were teaching us how to line dance

Bill and I went to Denny's for breakfast to use a card someone gave him.  Breakfast was good, but when we went to pay, the card wouldn't work.  The girl couldn't enter the numbers either.  Bill ended up paying and saving the card to use another time.  I called and checked and there was $25 on it.  Bummer!  

We came home and Bill cut some plants down for me.  I raked up after him and put it in the garbage cans.  I also trimmed some other plants by hand.  He trimmed the tree in the front yard where I couldn't reach the other day.  He got the Christmas lights down from the loft in the shed and I got the nativity pieces out of the attic and down on the porch.  He started hauling them over by the stable before I noticed.  When I came out I told him that was a good job for Peyton and Isaac.  I had called Vikki to come help us.  Bill and I started working on putting the lights on the tree and lilac bush.  Vikki and the kids got there.  I sent her a picture of last year's nativity set and they set it up perfectly.  Bill and Vikki worked on getting everything plugged in.  Then I had the kids come in and have some orange slices.  We had to get ready for the Marine Corp. Ball, so they left to go home.  We picked up Maddy, Alec and James and then headed for The Double Tree.  We had fun, enjoyed the speaker, enjoyed the meal (we were the very last table, but they brought out fresh hot food)
and we enjoyed the cake, plus some other yummy desserts.  Boy were we full.  We danced lots of slow dances and one fast one.  Not many dancing like there has been in years before.  
I got home and baked an angel food cake and a regular cake for Kenzie's Birthday tomorrow.  It will be a busy day, getting food ready, going with Bill for free veteran's meal, and then having everyone over at 3.  Looking forward to fun family time again.

 

No comments: