Sunday, November 6, 2022

Sunday, 11/6/22, Great message at church, lunch with Tim and Cathy, Friend's Giving Party with church leadership

Cathy called me at around 7:30 this morning.  I was a little nervous at first, because I thought maybe something was wrong with Brittany's baby again.  She wanted to have us meet her and Tim after church for lunch.  I was so happy that was what she wanted.  I went to intercessory prayer before church and Bill went to pray for Pastor with the elders. Such amazing worship in church today and an awesome message from Pastor Ken.  We met Tim and Cathy at Outback at 12:40.  We had such a nice time with them and laughed a lot.  Sure was fun.  Tim, Cathy and I split a Bloomin Onion for an appetizer.  That's the only time I get to have it because Bill doesn't like it.  

We went to Home Depot afterward to get lights for the basement.  The fluorescent lights over the pool table burned out yesterday and it was very hard to play ping pong.  We came home and Bill put them in right away.  So nice to have it bright again.   I talked to Melissa, than Vikki, then Bill and I just rested and got a quick 20 minute nap.  Shouldn't be tired after a fall back time change, except I woke up at 5:30.  Then I couldn't sleep so I prayed for a while, then got up and spent time in worship and reading the Bible.  

We went to our Friend's Giving Party (Thanksgiving/Christmas) for church leadership.  The food was delicious, although I didn't eat too much because I was still full.  They had pies from Riverside for dessert that were really good.  We played a game where each table worked making something to go with a Christmas Carol out of pipe cleaners.  We made 3 kings, a camel and a star for the song We three kings.  Each table had to sing the song that went with there's after we all voted.  We didn't win, but we sure had fun.  I talked to Brittany and Nolan and all the kids are feeling good now.  I told her that her mom gave me a scare in the morning.

I face timed with Vikki again when I got home.  She showed me how nice her house is looking since she found some very nice things to hang on the wall and sit around.  It's looking beautiful.

Melissa said Bruce thinks he can fix the trampoline if he orders a couple of legs for it. l was happy to hear that.  Bill noticed there was a tree that fell last night.  It's in the little woods between our house and the neighbor's driveway.  It fell towards their driveway, but didn't fall all the way down, so didn't land on their driveway at least.   That was some pretty strong wind last night.

No comments: