Saturday, March 4, 2023

Sat., 3/4/23, Went to Frankenmuth for Jacob's band festival, picked Jacob up after his bus ride back to school, Picked up Eli from birthday party, Melissa, Evan and Jack came over, Jack and Eli spent the night

 

KitKat looked at the window with the mouse traps by it and decided not to even try to get on it.  She went and climbed up on the swing frame instead.




Jacob sent me this in the morning reminding me of his band festival and asking us to come if we could.  He told me he loved me, was thinking of me and was praying for me.  What an awesome, caring grandson!
Jacob...1st Chair Clarinet player....so proud of him!
Jacob and Mr. Shepherd having a good laugh
Claire and I....I was so happy to see her.  Her band did great too and got all 1's also.
Jacob when we walked into the sight reading room.  They had to play a song they had never seen before and they did amazing
Papa, Jacob and Nana
Jacob and Aunt Debbie
Jacob and his friends
Jacob and more friends
Jacob after find out they got all 1's for scores.  Way to go!
Pointing at their scores
Adam in is very blue room
Jack and Eli are spending the night

Breakfast and coffee, did our Bible reading, I worked on my Sunday School Lesson, read up on Israel to see ways I need to pray for Israel tomorrow at CMA Prayer Day, then got ready to go to Jacob's Band Festival in Frankenmuth.  I texted Debbie on our way to see if she could come.  There was a mix up about Eli's Birthday Party location, so Kimmy and Jared called to have us save seats for them.  Debbie had us save her a seat too.  Kimmy and Jared cut it close, but made it on time before the doors closed.  We all enjoyed the band performances so much.  They did an excellent job and Mr. Shepherd is an amazing director.  
They got a standing ovation at the end.  Wow!  Just an amazing band.  

We left to go to the sight read room and passed Claire on our way.  We were so happy to see her.  I stopped to get a hug and a picture together.   Her band was playing later.  We didn't make it to listen to her though.  After the concert, we had some refreshments and got to spend time with Jacob and take some pictures.  He sure looked handsome.  Kimmy and Jared went to pick up some fencing stuff for Eli and Jack in Indiana right after this.  Bill and I went home and he got out to stay there because Jack was coming.  I went to pick Jacob up from his school, then visited for a while with him and Adam, then picked Eli up from a birthday party, which he had lots of fun at.  We went back to Kimmy's so Eli could get his stuff to spend the night, then we headed to my house.  Melissa, Evan and Jack were already there and Jack was playing ping pong with Papa when we got there.  Melissa and I had a nice visit, then she went with me to Kroger to get milk so there would be enough for the boys in the morning.  We had to wait for deer to cross the road again.  The field was loaded with deer.  Yikes!

Kimmy called me on her way home and talked till they were almost home.  The boys had so much fun hanging out together playing ping pong and going outside to play with the saber lights.  They stayed up very late watching movies.  Bill went to bed at around 11, then I went to be at midnight.  That's when they started watching their movies.  


No comments: