Monday, March 6, 2023

Monday, 3/6/23, Donuts with Jack and Evan, Started mentoring Maddy, Nana time with Peyton, Went to Trinity Rider's chapter meeting

Pictures Hailey sent me of her on spring break



Hailey texted me at midnight and told me she sprained her ankle.  Yikes, poor girl.  I had just gotten to bed, read the text when it came and then got up so I could find out how she was doing, how she did it, and some other info.  I sure love this girl and am praying for God to heal it super fast.


Me and Peyton with our Shamrock Shakes with Oreos
My sweet Peyton.  So glad she likes Nana time.  I love my Peyton time.

We got up early, picked Jack and Evan up and took them to their school for Donuts with friends day.  The donuts were yummy and the coffee was good.  Spending time with the boys was even better.  I can't believe I forgot to take a picture.  Bummer!  They were so nice and well mannered.  Jack got Papa's second cup of coffee for him.  Evan couldn't decide if he wanted a second donut, but then decided he didn't.  These boys are growing up fast and are so kind and thoughtful.  We left there and went home.  Bill left to go meet Rich and I went to pick up Maddy to go to the Red Eye, a coffee shop, for our first mentoring session.  We shared our testimonies of how we were born again and some awesome things God has done in our lives.  Next week we will start our discipleship book.  I am so excited to be doing this together and so is Maddy.  We went to Old Town for coney dogs afterward.

Hailey sent me some more pictures which I love getting.  She's having fun and hiking even though her foot hurts more when she gets back.  It is more black and blue today she said.  I'm continuing to pray.  The nurse there wrapped it really good for her.  

Did my Bible reading and Bible Study.  Read on my book called Holy Moments too.  It's really good so far.  Bill had an egg salad sandwich when he got home.  I thought about going to Vikki's when she got out of work.  When she picked the kids up, Peyton called and wanted some nana time.  She wanted to go get Shamrock shakes, so that's where we went.  We had to wait a while for them to come.  The girl in front of us looked familiar, so I asked her if she was Madelyn and she told me she was.  We talked about Hailey's trip and her sprained ankle, and about her brother, Ben's spring break trip to Florida.  She was getting Shamrock shakes for her and her younger brother.  I felt bad that she was there first and we got our shakes first.  Then she got hers super fast after us, so I was happy about that. Peyton and I had fun talking together and our shakes were really good.   I took Peyton home and then headed back home, so I could warm spaghetti up for Bill before we left for Trinity Rider's meeting.  

The meeting was really good.  It was nice seeing Jim and Bev from Flint and Arnie and Cheryl.  Bill and I just had coffee there instead of eating.  Their prices have gone up crazy and we really don't like the food there that much.  It's at Ponderosa.  

We came home and I watched yesterdays church service online since I couldn't be in the service.  It was awesome and touching.




 

2 comments:

Vikki's Blog said...

Im so glad Peyton wanted to go on a date with you. Isaac keeps asking me when his turn with Nana is and I keep telling him when were not so busy. haha

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

It has to be soon. Next week when he is off I will for sure be calling him to go. I am going to tell him tomorrow night at the concert. I thought about it and then got busy and forgot. Keep reminding me.