Friday, March 17, 2023

Fri., 3/17/23, Went to Bible Study, Jack came and spent the day, Melissa and Hailey stopped over, Went to Olive Garden With Vikki and Iain, Watched a movie, Read my Book

Jack and Kit Kat
Papa and Jack playing pingpong on the new table

Jack playing Sky Jo with us
Hailey with her air cast on
Vicki and Iain at Olive Garden

I put my green sweatshirt on and wore the green ring Kenzie made for me today.  I didn't want to get pinched.  Went to Bible Study in the morning.  It was our last study on the book of James.  We had breakfast and visited before we started our study.  We had a good discussion on chapter 5. 
After we were finished, Phyllis and I stayed and talked for a while.  When I got home, Papa and Jack were playing ping pong.  After they were finished, I spent time reading my book and Jack was on his phone for a while.  We watched the movie Facing the Giants after that.
Jack wanted to have spaghetti'o's and meatballs for lunch so I warmed some up for him.  I made him a strawberry shortcake for dessert which he really liked.  

Then he played SkyJo with Bill and I.  It was fun.  Jack was ahead for a while, but I ended up winning. I kept getting negative numbered cards. 

Melissa and Hailey came just before we finished the last hand.  We had fun talking to Hailey about her trip to Tennessee and seeing videos and pictures.  What a wonderful group of Christian friends she went with.  So nice hearing about the fun she had.  

Melissa, Hailey and Jack left and Bill and I headed to the Olive Garden to meet Vicki and Iain at the Olive Garden for dinner.  It has always been our go to restaurant, but we haven't been able to get together for quite a while now.  Nice to be together at our special place again, but we all sure missed Kevin.  He has been gone for a year now.  The hostess sat us at the same table we always sat sat with him without even knowing it.  

I read some on my book again, then Bill and I watched a movie about Christian Persecution.  So heartbreaking to watch, but sure helps build your faith to stand no matter what.







 








No comments: