Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Tues., 2/20/24, Garbage and recycle day, Beautiful 49 degree and sunny day! Went to Sam’s Club, Made a couple of Chicken Pot Pies, went to prayer, Bill surprised me and cleaned up the whole kitchen while I was gone

When I left for prayer, the cupboard was loaded with dirty dishes, flour, measuring cups, the whole mess from making the pot pies.  The sink was also loaded with dishes I had rinsed that needed to be washed.  The stove had dirty pans on it too.  I was thinking it would take me a long time to clean up once I got home from prayer.  Bill surprised me and cleaned up everything and had the dishes done too.  I went to unload the dishwasher, because it still had the clean side of the reminder showing.  I opened it and the dishes were already put away.  Wow what a great surprise and what a sweet thing to do for me.  I sure was one happy girl!  I sure do love him and am sure thankful for him!
He had the pot pies out of the oven and had them covered too.
I took this picture at a weird angle.  We both ate a piece when I got home.  Yum!  I love pot pie.  

We made the bed together which we always do, then Bill took the garbage out and I had my oatmeal and coffee.  I made him a coffee when he got in the house.  We read our Bibles and did our devotion books too.  

We went to Sam’s Club.  It was so nice out with the temperatures in the 40s and the sun shining brightly.  We got new cards first, then we shopped.  We picked up sale items and a few things that weren’t on sale.  After that, we went to Lowes and to Home Depot, to check to see if they have a 9” cupboard.  They do online they said.

We came home and unloaded the groceries and put them away.  Then I decided I would make pot pies for dinner.  I forgot how long it takes.  I got done and only had 5 minutes to get to church on time.  I just left everything out and it sure was a big mess.  I asked Bill to watch the pot pies and get them out if they were done when the timer went off.  I wrote about my big surprise when I got home above under the picture.  I still am wearing a big smile.  

Prayer tonight was awesome!  What a great time of praying together as the Holy Spirit led.  God has answered in amazing ways.  What a blessing to be able to gather.

Bill sure has been working hard on our CMA Seasons of Refreshing stuff.  Everything is all set not and he ran off all of the copies of the agenda for it.  He did a great job.  He had me proof read everything for him.  I am very proud of him.!

 

2 comments:

ROCKIN-R-RANCH said...

Awe that's so sweet of Dad!!

ROCKIN-R-RANCH said...

Your pot pies look yummy! Kimmy