Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Wed., 2/7/24, Had my colonoscopy with good results, went to The Stockpot for breakfast, went to Sam’s Club, came home and relaxed

Evan took these cool pictures of the sunrise this morning


The Stockpot for breakfast.  It was delicious!  We had 2 eggs, meat, potatoes and toast and the price for each of us was 6.99 which is pretty cheap for that these days.  It was a cute little place too.

Having breakfast at the Stockpot
At St. Laurent’s candy shop...oh what fun.  I wasn’t supposed to make important decisions today, but I sure made some important ones at the candy store lol
Kit Kat and her friend Hershey
 

 I got up at 3:45 a.m. and drank the rest of the colonoscopy prep drink.  Then the fun began.  After that, I got ready and then slept for an hour.  I read my Bible before we had to leave for my appt.  We got to the surgery center and had to wait in the waiting room for an hour.  Then I got called back, they were all so nice.  They took me to the surgical room and then gave me medicine in my IV and said I would be out in a minute.  I remember thinking I sure hope so and then I was out.  It only took 15 minutes.  Next thing I knew I was in recovery and Bill was sitting in the chair.  The doctor came and told he everything went good and there were no polyps.  Best news, plus no more colonoscopies unless symptoms would come that would make it necessary.  YAY!  

We went to Bay City to the Stockpot.  It’s a restaurant Vikki told us about that she and her family love.  They wanted us to go there after church on Sunday, but we were already eating with friends.  It was the best breakfast today!  I was so hungry too.  We went to St. Laurent’s after that.  Oh my!  They have so many different kinds of candy and it was so much fun picking out some.   I got some of my favorite chocolate covered orange slices.  Bill got some chocolate covered almonds.  I got some other packaged candy too.  We picked out some for the kids and families.  I was making lots of decisions on my no decision day.

I made sure we can get the Super Bowl on our Roku for Sunday.  I can’t wait to watch the game.  We can even have it on both tv’s now

We came home and it felt good to relax.  I warmed up chicken and rice casserole for dinner. Then we watched a good movie.  I forgot the name of it, but it had another good message.  We watched it on the Roku.  They have a lot of Christian movies we haven’t seen, so I’m looking forward to watching more.  

I talked to Vikki and Melissa today and texted with Adam and Kimmy.

.  






No comments: