Saturday, February 10, 2024

Sunday, 2/11/24. Super Bowl Sunday!, Went to prayer, then church, Everyone (including Jacob and Hailey) came over around 3 to eat, hang out, and watch the Super Bowl

Jacob, Jared, Kimmy, Melissa, Vikki and Bill eating
I took this picture, then Jacob asked me if I looked at it.  I knew something was up.  He was looking weird!  I did a retake and Peyton got in the picture
Much better!
Evan
Eli takes after Jacob!  After I took the picture, I told him he was looking short, so he stood up right
 Peyton, Jack and Badger with him
Jared is always so kind and helpful.  Vikki started leveling my picture, then wanted to hang the shelf I got for me.  She got Jared to help, who ended up doing it.  He also hung one more thing for me.  Thank you Jared!
Peyton and Evan
Of course her car is the silver one parked the wrong direction
Jared, Rody, Jacob and Peyton watching the super bowl

Isaac...He’s getting to be one tall boy too
Peyton, Hailey and Jacob....
 
 
Bill, me, Melissa, Kimmy, Jared, Rody, Jacob and Peyton watching the Super Bowl
Jared, Isaac and Rody
Hailey
Lucy with Hailey
Jacob and I....I was so happy he could come
Jacob, Peyton and Adam
Our college grandkids with Lucy
 
Me very happy to have these college grandkids here
Hailey, Vikki and Jacob
Jacob and Peyton
Eli

We went to prayer, then went into the church for the service.  Worship was amazing and Pastor Ken's message was great.  We prayed for people after church.  We prayed for Brittany’s nieces who are 11 and 14, Kennedy and Lauren.  Lauren lives in a different state, so when she visits, she always likes to come up to us and have us pray for her.  Her number one prayer right now is for her grandpa to be healed of cancer.  We talked to him and her grandma after service and he’s getting better Praise God.  Their granddaughters are just the sweetest kids who love God.  Lauren came to us alone afterward and told us she was being bullied and asked us to pray for her.  I reminded her she is who God says she is and told her some things He says.  Her grandma told me she gave her a bookmark yesterday that lists who we are in Christ.  

We got a carwash after church at Fast Eddy’s.  The truck sure needed washing after our trip.  We came home and I cut the brownies, made a pizza with burger and pepperoni on it, made chicken salad, and cut cheese up and put hickory stick out with crackers.  Vikki and Peyton got here first.  Then Kimmy, Jared an the boys got here, and a few minutes later Melissa, Evan and Jack came.  Adam and Jacob had FaceTimed Hailey and she said she couldn’t come her because she had to work at her church with the kids.  It ended up being cancelled, so she let her mom know she was coming.  We didn’t tell Jacob and Adam, but let her surprise them, and they sure were surprised.  Rody and Isaac got here and we all prayed and ate.  Rody sat next to me and noticed I didn’t have a screen protector on my phone.  I couldn’t believe it!  I thought they put one on when I got my phone.  I was so thankful my screen hadn’t broke.  My car was parked in, so Jared went to Walmart for me to get a screen protector.  He asked Hailey for her keys, because he needed to move her car.  
Later on, she went out and this is how he had parked her car... Rody put my screen protector on for me.  Thank you Rody.  Bruce and Max came and hung out with us for a while.  Vader and Abby came too.
Of course her car is the silver one parked the wrong direction

When Jacob asked me which team I was for, I said the Chiefs.  He told me about the other team and about a player named Purdy who is an on fire Christian.  I switched to cheering for that team after he told me that.  Vikki and Peyton were for the Chief’s.  The rest of us were for San Fransisco.  It was a close game and was tied at the end so went into over time.  The Chiefs ended up winning when they got a touch down.  It was a good game, and I was happy to see them win since we have lots of relatives in Kansas who were cheering them on. 
It was a fun day with family and great food.  




 


No comments: