Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Wed. 2/28/24, Very windy out, tornadoes in Grand Blanc last night, Kenzie lost power for a while in the morning, Kimmy lost power in the afternoon/evening, Did some cleaning, read Bible, went to visit our friend Barb,

The wind blew a tree down

Nice lunch with dear friends Barb and Elaine
Ordered our stove today...it gets delivered with our microwave on Saturday
New kitchen cupboards for next to the stove.  We can use our real wood doors we have now.
 
We are relaxing by the fireplace with the lights out.  Cozy

It got super windy around 4 a.m.  I got up and brought in our welcome board sign on the porch.  Then I went back to bed.  The wind sure was howling.  I got back up again and looked out the windows to check on things.  Bill drank his protein drink.  I ate oatmeal and we both had coffee.  Bill left to go to town to pick up the cupboards we need for the kitchen.
I read my Bible and devotions while I waited for Elaine to come over.  When she got here, I drove and we went to Alma to visit our friend, Barb.  Barb has had cancer for over a year.
We were amazed at how good she looked when she opened the door.  She looked just beautiful.  She has quit chemo and decided she wants quality of life.  The chemo was making her sick and making her hands hurt so bad, she couldn’t use them.  Today she was like a spry young girl.  She is still doing ministry and is trusting God.  Praying He does a miracle for her.  We sure enjoyed our time with her.  We went to a very nice Italian restaurant for lunch, and we had such a nice visit.  Our waitress was amazing.  

We took Barb home, then headed home.  We drove by our two previous houses in Hemlock so Elaine could see them.  We had a really nice visit on the way home.  She had to leave right away to do a couple more errands when we got to my house.  

Bill had the new cupboards out of the boxes and in the family room.  He and I got ready and went to Menards, then ABC Warehouse.  We got our kitchen range and an over the stove microwave from ABC Warehouse.  They are so nice.  They will be delivered on Saturday.
It’s getting exciting now.  

I talked to Melissa, Kimmy, Vikki and Kenzie.  Kenzie was without power this morning, but it wasn’t off long.  I FaceTimed with my sweet Rehvyn.  He’s the cutest!  Later on when I talked to Kimmy, they had lost power.  It still wasn’t on a couple of hours later.  Praying it comes on quickly so their fish are ok.  



No comments: