Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Tues.2/6/24, Bill had biopsy, I started colonoscopy prep.,

 

Bill in recovery after his prostrate biopsy
I am just amazed at how tall this Crown of Thorns plant has gotten.
Isaac in his lunch line...Good thing his mom works there so we get to see pictures

I had to eat breakfast before 9.  Bill couldn’t have breakfast.  We left for the VA hospital at 9
and that’s when I had to start liquid diet.  We got to the hospital at 9:30, then they took Bill back to pre op.  I went to the gift shop.  They started Bill’s surgery at 10:53.  They came in and got me in about an hour and took me to see him in recovery.  He waved when he saw me and told me he was doing really good.  We’re so thankful it went well.  Won’t know results for a couple of weeks, so continuing to pray and believe.  He told me to take a picture of him and then after I did he told me to post it.  We were so happy to see so many people are praying for him.  I was his driver and tomorrow he
will be my driver for my colonoscopy.  

When we got home, I made chicken rice casserole for Bill to eat.  I had cooked the chicken in the crockpot ahead of time so it would be quicker to fix for him.  I had chicken soup broth and some lemon jello and some lime jello.  Drank a Vernon’s and then drank water after that.  At 5 I had to start drinking the liquid stuff for the prep and had to be done with it a 6.  It tastes ok now which helps, but it seems like it works faster and gives you less time to get where you need to be. At 8 things at least slowed down some.  At 11, I am supposed to finish drinking the other half of the container.  Not looking forward to that.  Hopefully, I get some sleep tonight.  They gave me a choice of 11p.m. or 4 a.m to drink it.  Not a very good choice I would say.  I’m thinking I don’t ever want a colonoscopy again.

Talked to Melissa, Kimmy and Vikki today.  Texted with Adam.  His school was in secure mode for part of the day today.  I sure was praying.  Happy when I texted Kimmy and she said they were no longer in secure mode.  Great news for this nana.

I’m going to see if I can get an hour nap in before I have to start this prep process again.

  













No comments: