Friday, February 16, 2024

Friday, 2/16/24, Kimmy, Melissa, Adam and Vikki came over

My Christmas Cactus two years after I got it.  I started it from one leaf.
My same cactus today 8 years old
Cactus Kimmy gave me a year ago
Same cactus fit on the bottom left.  Just a couple of leaves.  The green thing that is tall is the glass thing Kenzie made me. Also, Crown of Thorns isn’t even up to the middle of the window in this picture.
A year later, it is passed the middle of the window.  I must have them in the right spot.
Me and my sweet Missy
My Sweet Adam too

Got up at 8 and got ready, ate my oatmeal for breakfast with bananas, raisins, blueberries and walnuts.  Offered to make Bill coffee, but he already made his.  I made mine and enjoyed it with breakfast.  The doctor at the VA told Bill he needs to eat more fiber, so he asked me to make him some oatmeal.  He ate his plain.  Spent time in prayer while Bill was reading his Bible.  Kimmy got here so started visiting with her right away.  We listened to Jacob’s SALT Pastor’s message from the night Hailey went.  It was on Pride and was very good.  Pride says, I am God and you are not.  Pride doesn’t follow what God’s Word says and thinks their way is better.  The Scriptures he gave were taken out of the book of Zephaniah in the Bible.  However, God does say,  "I am God and you are not”, and He is perfectly right.  He is the one who made everyone and everything.  There is a warning about those who don’t repent of being prideful.  In the end, great hope was spoken of because of what Jesus did to redeem us. Jesus paid the price for our sin.  We must be humble and follow Him, obey Him and try to be more like him.  It was a great message.  Hailey had told us it was the best message she has ever heard.  I am so happy for the way they teach the truth of God’s Word and are bold about it.  It will be life changing for these college kids and all who listen. It’s up to us to know the Word of God and make sure our church is teaching it.  If it isn’t....run from there fast.

Melissa got here shortly after we finished listening.  Bill left to pick Adam up from school because he only had a half day.  We girls visited more, then we warmed up scalloped potatoes, chicken and green beens that were left over from our meal last night.  Adam and Bill got back, but Adam had ate a McChicken at McDonalds, so he wasn’t hungry.  We also ate Valentine Cookies.  Kimmy fixed my blog, so we should be able to click on pictures now and should be able to make them large.  This feature hasn’t been working for a while.  I just checked it when I finished the blog and only the last 4 with enlarge.  So weird.  It probably is because I took the first 4 pictures before Kimmy fixed it.  Hopefully, tomorrow all of them work.  We visited more, than Vikki got here and she ate.  Jared had picked up Jacob from college and took him to his Orthodontist appt.  He also picked up Eli, so Kimmy got to stay longer.  Melissa’s boys had play practice, so she didn’t have to pick them up either, so she got to stay longer.  Everyone left, when Vikki had to go pick up Peyton and Isaac.  They get out pretty late so it sure was nice having them all hang out longer.  It sure was nice having Adam here.  

Bill and I had a zoom meeting in the evening with our Michigan Area Reps and Prayer Team leads.  It was a good meeting and all but one couple was able to join.  The couple from the U.P. even got on with us which was the first.  




    

No comments: