Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Wed., 2/14/24,HAPPY BIRTHDAY JARED! WE LOVE YOU! Happy Valentine’s Day, baked heart.shaped cookies for Bill, He told me he forgot it was Valentines Day, Went looking at stoves, Went to Harvey’s, Frosted cookies, worked on Seasons of Refreshing stuff,

Happy Birthday Jared!  We love you.  Kimmy better get a bigger cake pan so she can add more candles to the edge....You’ve outgrown that one
Thanking Jesus for the best LOVE there could ever be
Melissa sent me her pictures...this is her table set beautifully with Kimmy’s plates she made them
Ready to eat...Jack, Max, Bruce and Evan
Angel food cake Bruce made
YUM
Edible Arrangement and a bag of candy from my sweetheart!
 The card he got me was beautiful and so sweet
I didn’t think to take a picture of this until after we had eaten some of it.  It was beautiful and is so delicious.  
Ha Ha, I lost my favorite gloves and when I went to get milk, I found them.  They were on the worshiping figure Fred and Lourdes got me for my birthday a few years back.  I right away thought of Jared, but he said he was innocent this time.  He did get a good laugh when I showed him the picture. 
We went to Harvey’s for our Valentine's Dinner.  Used a gift card Charlie and Sue got us.  We had perch and it was delicious
I put frosting on his cookies when I got home and decorated them
I called Bill out to the kitchen to get some cookies. He liked them!
 
Kenzie sent me a cute picture of my new Valentine, Rehvyn.  Aww, he’s so cute

Lela, if you read this, I want you to know I check every night to see if you posted.  I am missing reading about your days.  Can’t wait til you get the problem with the computer fixed and are back to blogging.  You are missed! 

When I got up, I thought about it being Valentine’s Day and thought I would go pick up a cake or cookies for Bill.  Then I thought, gee I can make cookies for him. He was at the VA for an appointment he had at 8:30.  I started making the cookies and my oven kept showing an error and turning off.  It has done this once in a while for a long time, but on Super Bowl Sunday it did it over and over and today the same thing happened.  I finished baking the rest of the cookies in my Ninja Foodi Oven.  It took a little more time because it is smaller, butt it worked just fine.  Bill got home and saw the cookies and told me he forgot that it was Valentine’s Day.  He has never forgotten, so I told him that was ok.  I had his card, but I hadn’t filled it out yet either. After the cookies were all baked, Bill and I went to look for a new stove.  When we went out to the garage, he said let’s take the car.  We have always been taking the truck lately, so I said ok.  When I went to get in, there was an edible arrangement on my seat and a bag of candy with a card on the other seat.  He did remember!!!  We came back in the house and of course I had to eat one of those chocolate covered strawberries.  Then we went back out and took the truck and went to several places to look for a stove.  Ours is a spacesaver drop in and is only 27".  They still make them, but they are $1,700.  We found a 30 inch once we liked that is $971 on sale plus we get Bill’s military discount on top of that.  We decided to have a friend from church who has a home maintenance business come look at ours on Sat. and see if he can cut some cupboards and make adjustments for a bigger stove.  Bill thinks it will be easy for him.  We prayed for God to lead us to the right stove before we left home, so believing this is the one.  

We came home, and I told Bill I was going to frost and decorate his cookies.  I went to get the milk out and it was two days over the use by date.  I smelled it and it was starting to turn sour, so I went to Aldi and got new milk.  Then I came home and did the cookies.  He was very happy that all those cookies were for here.  We both had some and they were yummy.

He worked more on the Seasons of Refreshing Agenda and I checked it afterward.  We watched the news for a while when we heard about the shootings in Kansas City.  Our nephew and his wife were at the parade.  We were so happy to hear they were safe, but so sad that this horrible thing happened and one person lost their life and so many others were injured.  Praying God exposes whoever did it.  So senseless and cruel.




No comments: