Thursday, February 22, 2024

Thursday, 2/22/24, no power from 6:20 a.m.til 11:09, packed last minute things, Bill went to his doctor appointment for his biopsy, left for West Branch, checked in Tri Terrace motel, went shopping, met Al and Lucy and Jay and Jane for dinner at 6, talked to Melissa, Kimmy and Vikki


Bill and I at the mall in West Branch. No coats needed today!!!
View out our big sliding glass door 
Our cozy room
Beautiful pottery Kimmy made
  



I got up at 6:00 and was going to turn the kernel burner off and saw it was already off.  I thought Bill had already turned it off.  I turned the furnace on, thinking Bill had forgot. I went back to bed and set my alarm for 7:30.  We both got up at 7:30 and went to turn lights on.  No power.  I looked on the Consumer’s Energy page and the first reported outage was at 6:20.  It said the power would be back on at 12:15.  It said the cause wasn’t known.  Bill had his doctor appointment to go to, so he took a shower.  The water was still nice and warm so that was good.  I opened the bedroom curtains so I could see good to finish packing.  I packed pb&j sandwiches for our lunch on the way and also packed snacks and drinks in the cooler.  I got ready, but couldn’t do my hair.  I decided it didn’t look too bad so would go as is.  Bill read his Bible before he left.  I filled Kit Kats food dispenser up and put two containers of water out for her.  Then I did my nails.  I read my Bible and devotional.  Bill got home and we packed everything, then left. It was sunny and 50 degrees out by that time.  

We got to the motel and our room was ready early so we checked in and then unloaded our stuff.  We went to the church where we will be having Seasons and met with the pastor and went over some details.  Then we went shopping in a strip mall.  We went to Old Navy, a thrift shop, an antique shop, and then to a candy store where we bought some candy. I got the same thing I did at St. Laurent’s for half the price.  We came back to our motel and rested.  At six, Al and Lucy went with us to meet Jay and Jane, our National Evangelists, at the Lumberjack Restaurant.  We both had 1/2 fish dinners which were huge.  We had a great time visiting, then came back to our room to relax.

No comments: