Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Tues., 2/27/24, Voted!!!!! Went to Kimmy’s, 75 degrees and sunny out today, Melissa, Max and Bruce came over, The guys practiced shooting,




My Wyatt...he sure gave me a warm welcome this morning.  He’s such a cute dog with a great personality.


It was so wonderful to spend time with Jacob today
Bo and the sheep in the pasture
Bo loves his treats!  I love giving him treats.
Jacob on our walk through their woods
The pileated woodpecker has been busy at Kimmy and Jared's
How many pictures does it take to get a good one of Jacob with his tongue not sticking out.  You will have to keep scrolling.
 
 
 


         He’s cute!   Finally got a good picture!       
Beautiful Peyton at the dentist.  She came out after 8 minutes because her teeth were already so clean.  She brushes and flosses 3 times a day.  The dentist was very happy and so were Peyton and Vikki.  No cavities either.  Isaac was only in for 20 minutes and didn’t have any cavities either.  


Got ready.  Bill and I voted on our absentee ballots.  We goofed and he had mine and I had his.  We didn’t realize it until we had signed our names.  We decided we would take them in later to see what we needed to do.  Bill helped me fold some king size sheets I washed after using them yesterday when I cleaned the kernel burner.   I made a coffee to drink on the way and headed to Kimmy’s house around 9:30.  It was already 53 degree out and the sun was shining.  I got there and was happy to see Jacob was up already.  He got up at 7:30 this morning.  We all sat visiting and Kimmy told us a little proudly about her winning streak in 3-13.  Jacob and I started texting then for a few minutes and left her out of our conversation...we were just kidding of course.  Jacob went in his room and fell asleep.  Kimmy packaged up a soup bowl and a mug to put in the mail.  I assisted minimally.  A lot goes into all they do for their pottery business.  She is pretty fast at what she does.  Kimmy and I visited more, then she went and woke Jacob up to see if he wanted a sub sandwich.  He did.  Kimmy made all of our sandwiches and wouldn’t let me help.  Jacob got up and we ate.  The sandwiches were delicious.  We played 3-13 after that.  Of course Kimmy reminded us about her winning streak.  Jacob and I started out really good.  He went out and I didn’t get any points.  It went downhill for Jacob after that.  I did good and stayed in the negative and Kimmy was in the positive until the end of the game.  Then I moved to positive, but only had 15 points when the last hand started. Kimmy was a little ahead of me.  Whoever went out would win.  I got the worst hand for the A’s and no wilds.  Kimmy ended up sticking me and she was the winner.  Poor Jacob will have to keep hearing about her winning streak.  

The three of us went for a walk after that.  Kimmy and I went to the barn to see Bo and give him some treats while we were waiting for Jacob.  Bo was super happy.  He is such a nice horse.  He is as nice as our Sammy was.  We walked back toward the house and Jacob came out.  We looked at the flower beds and then went to check the Lenten Roses.  She had new growth coming too.  Mine are looking good this year too.  We walked through her woods and by the pond.  It was so nice out and great not to have to wear coats in February.  We said goodby and hugged, then Kimmy left to pick up Adam and take him to run 4 miles with Hope at her school.  Kimmy took him an ice water.  I came home and measured drawers in the camper, to cut the plastic liner to put in them.  It was really warm in the camper so I had to turn on the vents and open windows.  It cooled down pretty fast then.  

I heard from Wes and Gayla that they made it around Atlanta at 1 p.m.  They were thankful they don’t have to drive in traffic like that everyday.  They are driving their motor home and staying in Florida for a month.  They sure had nice weather for travel.   

We took a short nap while we waited for the carpenter who is going to give us an estimate for removing our drop in stove and putting in a regular stove.  He came and said he could do everything we wanted.  Is also putting a microwave over the stove so I will have more cupboard space.  He said he can save the cupboard doors we have which are real wood and use them on the new 9 in cupboards. Yay!  He told us to go order the stove tomorrow because it is the last day of the sale!  

I talked to Melissa, Vikki and Kimmy to have them pray for our sister Angie.  She is in the ER after having a stent put in yesterday.  Said something about a bleed, but couldn’t understand her text real well.  We are praying hard.  



No comments: