Friday, May 10, 2024

Friday, 5/10/24, Went for motorcycle ride, relaxed and visited with friends who were here and more as they came, ate dinner in town, sat around campfire, facetimed with Melissa to see the northern lights

Riding up to Torch Lake today
Sue and I on the bench with Doug and Jeff standing behind us.  Jeff lives here and always leads us on great rides!  
Torch Lake
Bill and I in front of the Lake
At our campsite 



At the restaurant 
 
At the campsite.  The dogs, Daisy and Esther, wooing their leashes around Sean.  It was pretty funny.  Those names were my great grandma and her sister’s.
Prayer for Paul for healing of pain in his knee

The northern lights at Melissa’s 




 

The Northern Lights at Wikki’s


Two of my beautiful girls with an amazing background 

Vikki, Peyton, Evan, Jack, and Kimmy at Jack and Evan’s Play, Matilda. 

It was pretty cool out in the morning.  I made my coffee and had a bowl of cereal.  Bill got up a half hour later and had a protein drink and I made him a coffee.  He read his Bible outside.  It was too cold out for me yet, so I read my Bible inside.  Mel came over and sat out with Bill.  I relaxed on the couch after reading and fell asleep for an hour.  Bill woke me to see if I wanted to go on a ride.  Jeff, Sue, Doug, Bill and I all went.  It was 62 out so we dressed warm.  The sun was out most of the time.  We rode to Kalkaska and up to Torch Lake.  We went in beautiful hill and curvy roads.  We stopped for snacks to hold us over til dinner.  We got back to the campground Phil, Julie and Max, Shawn, Wendy and Maverick had gotten there.  We sat around visiting, and then Al and Lucy got there and Ron and Bev.  We moved over to the campfire at Jeff and Kathy’s next door and shortly after Debbie and Paul got there..  Our Upers had a truck problem on their way, so by the time they got it fixed the just went back home.  We all went to dinner at a nice restaurant in town.  Good food and wonderful fellowship.  Then we came back to the campfire and visited more and prayed for Paul.  I left early to make my banana cream pudding dessert for our potluck tomorrow.  Vikki and Kimmy called me during intermission at Matilda, the play Jack and Evan were in and said it was so good it should be at The Temple Theater, not a school.  They said the y had tears in parts and Jack and Evan did outstanding.  Peyton said it was 100 times better than what they said when I asked them.  They want to go back tomorrow night.  I can’t wait to see it Sunday!  I talked to Melissa and FaceTimed with her to see the northern lights.  

 

No comments: