Thursday, May 23, 2024

Thurs., 5/23/24, 17 years today my mom and best friend passed away, I miss her everyday! She was the best mom ever! Made bread dough, made brownies, picked rhubarb, Wiped down tables outside, put cushions on swings, Kimmy came over, we took a chipmunk and dropped it off, had our coffee outside on the deck, went to two Aldi stores, Menards and the Home Goods Store, took Bill for neck injections, put umbrellas on outside tables, moved tables and cushion box, weeded around shed, Bill power washed lounge chairs, a table and umbrella stands, I watered plants outside

Silly Kit Kat relaxing while Kimmy was here
My beautiful sweet mom
Made brownies and cabbage buns for our camping trip
Table Bill pulled out from the storage area under the deck
After he power washed it!!!!
Moved stuff around on the deck....moved the table over so it’s not under the tree so hopefully doesn’t turn green anymore.  Moved the box we store our cushions in on the other side of the fire place so it is now closer
When Kimmy was here this plant was completely drooping over.  I watered it and tonight it is almost back to normal.

It’s been 17 years since my mom passed away.  She was so loving and we always spent lots of time together and made so many wonderful memories that I treasure.  She was the one I always wanted to talk to when something good happened or something bad happened.  She was my encourager.  I miss our talks and her great hugs so much.  Because she trusted Jesus as the only way to heaven and I do to, I will get to see her again.  I am so thankful to God.
I got up early to start two batches of bread dough in my bread makers.  After that, I made brownies.  I went out on the deck for a while, and saw that I caught a chipmunk.  Yay!  I tried Lela’s (Jared’s mom) method of no bait.  It worked great as I caught another one later too.  Both were dropped off across the river with their many relatives who have gone before them.  Kimmy drove me the first time and the road was closed, so we had to go to a different spot.  When I took the second one later, the road was open. 

Kimmy and I sat outside on the deck and drank our coffee and watched birds.  We decided to go to Aldi to look for tables for her deck like mine that fold.   We went to the first Aldi and no tables.  Then we stopped at Menards and they had one, but it was super heavy and was 40 dollars.  Yikes.  We went to the other Aldi’s but they didn’t have any either.  Kimmy checked and Target had some like I have.  We went to the Home Goods Store too and they didn’t have any.  We came home and I told Kimmy to take my round table from the front porch.  We don’t sit on the front porch very often, so I didn’t need one there.  It took me some taking, but I finally talked her in to taking one.  She had to leave and I had to get Bill to the pain clinic for his neck injection.  It didn’t take long and he came out.  Kimmy messaged me and she found one just about like the one I gave her at target and got a price match on it so saved money.   I made my cabbage buns and baked them.  They turned out really good. 

Bill and I put the umbrella’s out in their stands over each table.  He got them from under the deck and they were really dirty.  He found a little round table just about like the one Kimmy took, but it doesn’t fold up.  It will be a perfect replacement for the one on the front porch.  I would give that one to Kimmy too, if it folded and also matched better.  Bill power washed everything while I weeded around the shed to finish the weeding job in the whole yard.  Yay!   We moved tables and chairs and the rubbermaid box I keep the cushions in.  

We came in and had peanut butter and crackers for a snack.  We each had a cabbage bun for dinner, then we read our Bibles.




 

No comments: