Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Wed., 5/8/24, Wes’s Birthday! Kimmy and Jacob came over, Put outside furniture out, went to Klucks, Kimmy and I weeded and planted plants, I have bluebirds, Kimmy edged my flower garden, we emptied the pond and leveled it, packed some for our trip tomorrow in the motorhome, Vikki came over in the morning & when she got out of work, Bill mowed with our new tractor, Jared helped him find the fuel hose problem, Wes & Gayla stopped over


Papa and Jacob by Bill’s new tractor.  Jacob helped him get the mower on.  Thank you Jacob 
Bill mowing the grass...He’s pretty happy on his John Deere
Jacob and Kit Kat
Kimmy was working on edging the garden and saw bluebirds.  She took all of these great 
pictures for me.  I was picking up Jack and Morgan from school and taking them to play practice.  Thank you for such great pictures Kimmy
Hailey and Evan at his band concert.  He did a great job and got lots of compliments. We didn’t get to go, but on the 17th we get to hear him play the songs at the music festival.  So excited after seeing the video.  I would post it, but it’s blurry
Jacob and Kimmy helped put the furniture where it goes.  We sat out there today, but I put the cushions away since we are leaving in the morning

Debbie called early and wanted to thank us for being there to pray for her yesterday.  I was just happy to hear from her.  No thanks was needed.  She is in lots of pain, but doing ok.  Tomorrow should be lots better I pray.  Kimmy and Jacob came over at 8:15 this morning.  We went outside and moved the outside furniture where it goes, so we could sit out there and enjoy the nice day.  Kimmy and I got to say hi to Abi when Jacob was talking to her.  She’s sweet!  Jacob also got my bike down for me.   Thanks Kimmy and Jacob. Vikki came over and she and Kimmy went to do something they needed to do for Mother’s Day.  I went to pick up a tension rod and got some drumsticks.  When they got back, I made Vikki a coffee and she had 15 minutes to visit before going to work.  Jacob was a great help to papa with putting on the mower to the John Deere.  They are a good team.  Kimmy and I saw orioles and the Rose Breasted Grossbeak was here too.  Vikki & Rody gave Kimmy and I a $200 gift certificate to Klucks Nursery they got when his mom passed away, since she has all the plants she wants and doesn’t have room for more.  Kimmy, Jacob and I went to Klucks and walked around.  It is a big place.  Jacob finally went and sat in the van because the blister on his heel was hurting him.  We were there three hours.  Kimmy got a Hydrangea, an Azalea, and a Clematis.  I got a flat of ground cover....I gave Kimmy 3 of those so she could plant some too.  I wanted to give her more, but it was all I could do to get her to take 3.  I will have lots soon, with all the plants we planted today.  Our total came to $198.15 with my $20 senior discount.  We sure got close to the amount.  The girt card expires May 12th so we had to get what we wanted now because I am going out of town.  We stopped at Tim Horton’s for Ice Capps on the way home.  First time Jacob had one there.  He liked it.  We tried to find the post office in Shields, but my GPS took us to Meijer’s.  That’s not the post office we wanted.  Kimmy decided to mail her stuff in Freehand on her way home.  

When we got home, we ate turkey and cheese sandwiches.  Jacob took a shower. Afterward he showed me his foot.  I gave him a bandage and Neosporin to put on his blister.Then Jacob left when it was time to pick up Adam and Eli. He also had an orthodontist appt.  What did Kimmy and Jared do when he wasn’t around to be so helpful.  

Kimmy planted a firecracker plant (I can’t remember the actual name) in my flower garden.  Kimmy and I weeded the bricked area by the bird bath and bridge.  Then I dug holes and placed plants by them and Kimmy planted them.  We were quite the team because it didn’t take long at all.  Vikki came while we were working to visit again.  We finished up and it looks so nice.  I left to pick up Jack and Morgan to take them to play practice.  I stopped at Jack’s and got more turkey and a few other things I need for our camping trip.  When I got back, Vikki had left 15 min. before I got her and Kimmy was edging the new flower garden.  She called me over and showed me some pictures she took.  Yay!  I have bluebirds.  I was just saying I hadn’t had any since the second year we lived here.  The pictures are so beautiful.  Kimmy wanted to empty our pond and level it, then fill it again.  That girl has so much energy and is such a great help.  She filled buckets and I dumped them on plants, then on the grass. Then she caught the two fish and put them in a bucket of water.  I was going to scoop some water from the middle to help, and I put my foot down on the first level with the stones and my foot slipped because the pond was slippery from the algae, and down I went.  I didn’t have far to fall since I was already pretty low.  I was laughing so hard I couldn’t get up.  I fell right on the cushy plant Kimmy had planted earlier.  Kimmy came and helped and Bill got off the tractor and came to see if I was ok.  I finally got where I could get up myself.  I didn’t get hurt, so was very thankful for that.  Bill helped hold the pond up, while Kimmy pushed dirt under at one end.  They got it pretty level.  Then we filled it with water.  Bill’s tractor wasn’t running good after mowing the grass, and he still had to pick it up.  Jared got here and the two of them started working on the problem.  They found out it was the fuel line.  They got it to work.  Bill will have to replace it, but it sure did an ice job picking up the grass.  They left after that.  I gave Jared a Pepsi, and Kimmy a can of Lemonade to take.  After they left, I went to Meijer and got mealworms and put them out.  I want my bluebirds to stay.  Charlie and Sue stopped over so Charlie could look at the tractor Bill got.  I talked to Sue while she sat in her vehicle.  She still is healing up from her knee replacement.  We had a nice visit.  Kimmy sent me pictures of where she planted her plants.  They look so nice. Wes and Gayla stopped after his birthday dinner in Frankenmuth.  Gayla was tired so stayed in the van.  They pick us up some Molasses and Sugar cookies from the Amish store in Clare.  Yum.  We gave Wes his birthday card and gift.  Then I went out to talk to Gayla and Bill visited a few minutes with Wes.  I made chili for camping.   Bill sampled it. 

I took a shower, talked to Melissa, read my Bible did my blog.  Now it is almost 1 am, so I am going to bed.  

 

No comments: