Friday, May 7, 2021

Friday, 5/7/21, Got back on the treadmill today, Amanda graduated as a DO today, the oriole was back, pulled lots of weeds today,

 

Amanda graduating as a DO..Dr. Amanda Baker
 It sleeted today!

I decided it was time to get back on the treadmill today.  It's been a while so I thought it might be hard to get back at it.  It was as easy as before though, so I was happy about that.  
I walked 2 and 1/4 miles.  Listened to worship while I walked so that made time go back fast.  Bill went with Charlie to pick up the title for the motorcycle that was donated from Greg.  I drank my coffee and ate oatmeal inside because it was rainy outside.  I talked to Kimmy and Vikki.  Kimmy had three orioles on her feeder at the same time!  WOW!
I saw my oriole a couple of times today, but it was a cool and windy day, only sat outside for about 45 minutes.  Lots of other nice birds were at the feeder.  I hung my wren house back out.  Wrens always make nests in it, but last month sparrows started making a nest in it so I took it down for a while.  I got online and saw that I could live stream our niece, Amanda's graduation as a DO.  We were so happy to be able to see her graduate.  We are very proud of her!  It quit raining and then started sleeting.  After it quit, the sun came out.  I went outside and walked around and pulled lots of weeds that were growing around the raspberries.  I dug up some grape hyacinths too that were coming up where I didn't want them.  Put some shepherd hooks out and hung things on them and put my banner holder out with a bluebird banner on it.  Texted with Adam.   Vikki had the day off, but had to go in at noon and pick up her teacher appreciation week meal to take home and eat.  It looked delicious.  I made a yummy salad and mashed an avocado to go on it.  I have to start eating healthier again too.  I plan on making cabbage vegetable soup tomorrow.  Texted Melissa, Stacie and Charlie and Sue to set time up for our Mother's Day gathering here on Sunday.  Stacie and her family are in Yellowstone, so she can't make it.  Bill and I watched a movie called "I am Potential" which is about the true story of Patrick Hughs.  It was a super good movie.  He was born with no eyes and could never walk, but was very talented musically.  He ended up being in the high school marching band, then his dad pushed his wheelchair and they were in the college marching band.  It really touched my heart how it was so hard for him to move around, yet he had such a great attitude and kept trying to do what he could.  




No comments: