Sunday, May 23, 2021

Sunday, 5/23/21 Came home from comping trip, celebrated Jacob and Adam’s birthdays

 

Adam and Kenzie with their kittens
Adam and Jacob ready to open their gifts from us
Kenzie with her kitten
Jacob and Adam with their cake...doing candles Covid style
Isaac
 Peyton, Mykenzie and Peyton
Kenzie with the "You Rock" rock she found at Tim Horton's a few years ago.  She gave it to me then and told me I rock.  It is a special memory from a special granddaughter
Jacob practicing with his new air gun.  He did pretty good!  At least my window didn't get any holes in it lol.

We packed up our camper and said our goodbyes to our wonderful CMA family.  It was a great a fun and relaxing camping trip with an amazing group of friends.  We had a nice drive home and made great time.  Bill did a good job leading the way on the motorcycle.  Originally the weather said rain where we were staying in the morning and rain at home at 11.  I prayed because I didn’t want to drive the camper in the rain.  It changed and there was no rain in the morning when we left and it didn’t start raining at home until 4.  I sure was thanking the Lord.  He’s always so good to me.  We unpacked right away when we got home. Bill hooked the cart up to the tractor and I loaded all the baskets filled with the refrigerator and freezer stuff in it, then piled lots of other stuff in and on top too.  He hauled it up to the house and carried it in for me.  We will be doing that from now on.  After we got things unloaded, Kenzie and Travis got here.  We visited and it sure was good to see them.  Kenzie and I walked around and looked at the ferns she gave me and my other plants.  They went out in the camper with Bill while got some things ready.  Kimmy and family came next.  So nice to celebrate Jacob and Adam's birthdays. They are such great kids and wonderful grandsons.  They brought the kittens.  Kenzie was sure happy to see hers and loved it.  They are so cute.  Kenzie is going to give me a cat she has that is a great outside cat. I started making pizzas.  Kenzie helped me.  Then Vikki, Peyton and Isaac showed up with egg rolls that she made.  They were yummy and she brought 2 apiece.  What a great surprise.  Jacob and Adam helped Papa get the air conditioner in, then they opened their presents.  We sang Happy Birthday and had the delicious birthday cake Kimmy made afterward.  Then they went down in the basement to try out their air guns.  They had fun trying to hit the target.  So did Jared, Kimmy and Bill.  I had fun watching.  Travis and Kenzie wanted to watch the videos I made interviewing her grandpa (my dad)  We enjoyed watching those and had some good laughs, especially when he talked about Kenzie at age 5 in the blueberry patch saying grandpa pooped his pants when he tooted.  Everyone picking blueberries got a good laugh that day.  He also shared about the terrible 300 piece puzzle she got him for Christmas one year and the pieces were so tiny and would fall apart when you touched them.  We got it together with him, but he told Kenzie on the video not to ever get a puzzle like that again.  He sure had a great way of sharing wonderful memories.  I am so glad I did this and have these treasures to watch.  After everyone left, I called Melissa and talked to her for a while.  Bill and I watched The Chosen.


No comments: