Monday, May 3, 2021

Monday, 5/3/21, Did regular morning routine, Bill went with Charlie for coffee, I shampooed carpets

 Trying Kimmy's box fans out to dry my carpet..had to make sure they worked before I gave them to her.  They worked great!

Violets are so pretty in the woods
 Jacob, Jared, Kimmy, Eli, Adam, Vikki, Bruce, Max, Melissa, Evan and Jack

Got the spot picked out where to plant the tree
 Jacob digging the hole for the tree
Kimmy, me, Vikki, and Melissa

Me by my new tree
Evan, Eli, Jack, Adam and Max all had fun hanging out


Max, Jack and Evan, Eli and Adam
 Eli

 Vikki sent me this picture of the tree in the truck after they picked it up
Eli, Bruce and Melissa
This is what the tree will looks like when it gets big

Had my morning coffee and oatmeal.  Bill went for coffee with Charlie.  I listened to worship music, vacuumed and shampooed the living room, stairway, and upstairs hallway carpets.  My shampooer does an amazing job and makes the carpet look like new and we've been here 18 years and the carpet was already in.  I cleaned a couple more drawers and moved summer stuff downstairs and winter stuff upstairs.  Cleaned out the freezer drawers in the refrigerator too.  It was a rainy morning.  When it looked like the rain had stopped, I went outside to walk around the yard and look at my plants.  It was lightly misting.  All the plants were happy with the half inch of rain that fell.  Vikki said she needed to borrow the truck to help Misty move.  She came and visited for a while while we drank our coffee.  She left, and when she came back Bill told me she wanted me to meet her in back.  I thought Misty probably gave her some more things she wanted to show me.  Bill and I walked back and she was there and so was Kimmy, Jared and family and Melissa and Bruce and family.  They had bought me a pear tree that I have been wanting and told Vikki I wanted to get.  What a great surprise, and what a great family to bless me by giving me such a great Mother's Day gift.  I will think of them whenever I look at it.  Jacob dug a nice hole.  He had to leave to get his Covid test to be able to play soccer.  Kimmy had locked her keys in the van, so Jared took Vikki's car to take him.  He went home to get the other set of keys too. Bill had to leave to go to Trinity Riders Meeting to give the the State Rally Flyers Kenzie and Travis made up for him. I had told him I didn't want to go this morning, and was so happy to have such wonderful company come.  Kimmy and Vikki loosened the roots and planted the tree.  Does it ever look nice.  We visited on the deck afterwards.  Loved seeing the cousins all walking in the yard and talking.  After we had visited for a while, Melissa, Bruce and boys had to leave so Evan could finish his school work.  When Jared and Jacob got back, I put some snacks out for us to much on.  When they were leaving, Jacob went to get his headphones he left in the truck.  When he got close to the van door, Jared started going slowly.  Jacob said, ok, I'll just stay here.  That's my boy!  Jared stopped and let him in then.  Bill got home.  He ate a bowl of chili that I had unthawed.  We watched one Father Knows Best and then a couple of Leave it to Beaver's.  Vikki called and told me Maverick City was going to have a Concert in Lansing in October.  We knew we wanted to go, so she got tickets for Rody, Peyton, Isacc, Bill, me and her.  We are super excited to go worship with such amazing worship leaders.    




 













 

No comments: