Monday, May 10, 2021

Monday, 5/10/21, Had to replace our microwave, Jack and Bruce picked up their camper, had to refill bird feeders, baby robins are still chirping in the nest I replaced

 

Jack....such a handsome and sweet grandson

I walked on the treadmill.  Did two miles and got my heart rate up there.  I'm a little sore from the last time I walked on it still.  I listened to worship music, and then when I was almost done walking, I talked to Vikki.  She was excited because she had an oriole come to her feeder.  I was happy for her, so shared her excitement.  She had an upset stomach, so I prayed for her.   Bill was meeting Charlie for coffee and a drive.  They ended up going to Kenzie's to visit.  Before he left, he noticed the microwave wasn't lit up.  After we checked everything out, we realized it was not going to work any more.  Vikki and I had smelled something burning the other day, and we thought it was coming from the microwave.  It smelled like burning wires.  Guess that's what it was.  I filled all of the bird feeders except the finch food.  By the time I made my coffee, I decided I wouldn't have oatmeal because there was no microwave to heat it up in.  I had a piece of leftover pizza instead and warmed it in my Ninja toaster oven.  It was so good.  I did my Bible reading, devotions and prayer time after that.  I talked to Kimmy and we finally figured out why we can't do the walkie talkie on our watches, can't air drop pictures, and I couldn't see her steps and activities.  I had two accounts in my contacts for her and one was blocked.  I unblocked it and deleted one.  Then everything worked, except we couldn't try air dropping.  Bill got home and we decided to go try to find another microwave.  We went to Menard's, Best Buy, Lowes, and Home Depot and didn't find any we wanted.  Then we went to Sam's Club, and found a Panasonic a lot like our old one and it was only 159.98.  We loved our old one.  It costed 209.00 back when we got it, so I guess we got a deal this time.  We bought "Mikey" home and it works great!  Bruce and Jack came over to pick up their camper.  Melissa was on the phone with me and had told me they were coming.  I went and got an ice cream sandwich to give Jack.  He wasn't going to take it, but I told him I had asked his mom on the phone and she said he could.  He happily did.  We had a nice visit and I told him how much I miss his big hugs he used to give me.  He gave me a big air hug, and I told him when we can hug again, I am going to get one of those big hugs from him.  He told me how he and his dad rode their bikes and visited the Sowatski's and he got to see his friends.  Bruce had Jack check the lights on the trailer when he tried them.  They all worked except the lights didn't stay on when just the vehicle was running.  He just had it wired up at Redmonds, so will be taking it back.  I talked to Melissa again.  They are going camping in Muskegon this weekend, so they can spend time with Bruce's family.  We prayed together, and God is working out all the details.  



No comments: