Friday, May 14, 2021

Fri., 5/14/2, Got some groceries at Jacks and Aldi...everyone was wearing masks except 1 person, Melissa and family went on camping trip, We went to Wes and Gayla's for dinner and campfire

 

Bill tilling up the garden for the second time

Joel waiting for the food to come out
Wes opening his birthday gift from us
Wes, Bill, Joel and Gayla by the fire
Nice campfire at Wes and Gayla's
Bill drained all the water off the cover of the pool except this spot with leaves in the center

I got up at 7:30 and Bill slept in.  I walked a couple of miles on the treadmill while I listened to worship music.  Bill was in the shower when I came up.  I made coffee for us.  He left to take the go cart he gave up on fixing to deliver to a person from Zilwaukee who bought it.  He sold it for $50, so he got the money back he put in to it.  He drained the water off the pool cover too.  Can't wait to be able to open it!  Melissa called before she left for her camping trip.  We had prayed specifically for a few things the night before, God answered specifically too!  She was so happy and so was I.  Bill mowed the grass and tilled the garden.  I washed the bird poo off the deck and railings and rinsed it good.  I did my Bible reading, devotions and prayer time on the deck too.  I was in the 70's and beautiful with no wind.  I dug up some plants that were spreading where I didn't want them, and replanted some.  I also watered all my plants as it has been dry and there isn't rain in the forecast until Wed.  I made a caramel apple salad to take to Gayla's.  Melissa let me know they made it to the campground safely.  I took Bill to pick up my car at 5:30. It wasn't quite ready, so I texted Wes and Gayla to let them know we would be a little late.  Bill only had to wait another 5 minutes and it was done.  We ate outside on their deck and had hotdogs, burgers and brats, with a salad and cornbread.  We had strawberry shortcake with ice cream on top for dessert.  We sat around the campfire and had a nice two hour visit.
They are friends who are like family, so we call them "framily".  



No comments: