Sunday, May 9, 2021

Sunday, 5/9/21, Taught S.S., Celebrated Mother's Day, Got a Ukulele from Bill, Kimmy gave me a lesson on it


Mylee, Isaac and Rody
Melissa and Bruce
 The kids having fun on the hover boards, rip sticks, and rollerblades
Adam on the hoverboard
Isaac
Bill and Sue
Sue, Charlie and Melissa.  Charlie is doing so good after having his esophagus removed because of cancer in Nov. the day before he turned 80.  We are so thankful!  He and Sue are great friends!
 We were happy to see an eagle fly over us.  It was pretty low over the deck, but by the time I got my camera focused on it, it was quite a ways away
Max
Me and Vikki
Kenzie, me, Vikki and Peyton
Kenzie and Vikki
Vikki, Isaac, Kenzie and Peyton
Eli rollerblading on the grass
Jacob and Peyton having fun in the apple tree
 Vikki, Kimmy, Melissa and me
 Melissa and me
 Hailey, Evan, Melissa, Jack and Max
Rody, Peyton, Jared peeking behind her, Jacob, Bruce, Adam, and Bill
 Hailey teaching me the note C on the ukulele
Jacob had some pretty good moves with the soccer ball
Kimmy, Bill, Adam, Eli and Jared working on the turntable trying to get it level with the table so cards slide easily from it to the table...they succeeded!
Jared...this is how you end up when you beat me at 3-13.  Under the table looking up!
Actually he is screwing some loose screws in for us.  He did beat me though!  He wouldn't even let me take 38 like Kimmy when I got 52.  I tried though and said I had the same score as she did.  Better than me trying for -10.

Went to prayer at church, then helped with the kids in Kids Church.  After church, we picked up plants for Mother's Day for Kimmy, Melissa, Stacie, and one from the girls for Sue.  We also picked up a a small round patio table at Aldi for Vikki, and two for me for under the gazebo.  They are nice and fold up really easy.  I had two from previous years, so I have been watching for them to get them again.  We got home, and Bill helped me put extra chairs out on the deck and get the cushions on them.  I washed off the tables.  Kenzie and Mylee got here first.  Mylee was super excited to see me and I was happy to see her.  We put a long tie out around the tree and Kenzie hooked her to it.  She ended up breaking her collar and getting loose.  Kenzie got her to come close, then I called her because I had a hot dog.  She came and I gave it to her while Kenzie grabbed her.  She put her down in the basement with a blanket to lay on and she did good.  Kimmy, Jared and the boys got here first.  Vikki and Peyton were next, then Rody and Isaac came.  We all brought pizzas to eat.  Vikki picked up a no cheese for Bill and shared the one she got with banana peppers with Kenzie and I.  It was yummy!  At 2, Charlie and Sue came, then Melissa, Bruce, and their family got here.  Stacie, DJ and Kody were in Yellowstone and just flying home later today.  We missed them lots.  We hung out on the deck visiting most of the time, because it was windy out by the fire pit.  We turned the gas fire pit on that's under the gazebo.  Evan read some funny jokes from his new joke book.  He was so cute and did a very good job.  Bruce, Jared, and Rody hung out by the fire pit though.  The kids had fun with the hover boards, rip sticks and rollerblades in the neighbor's driveway.  We passed out ice cream sandwiches and drumsticks for a snack.  Bill surprised me and got me a ukulele. I am so happy.  Vikki got one and has been learning to play and is going to teach me.  It sounds so good and is so relaxing.  Hailey and Kenzie have ukuleles too.  Hailey taught me how to tune it with an app on my phone.  Kenzie had to leave to get back home because Travis's mom was there.  Charlie and Sue left, and the rest of us hung out outside for a while longer.  Hailey left, then Melissa, Bruce and the boys left.  Jacob and Adam played Mario, while Kimmy, Jared, Bill and I played 3-13.  Bill won, Jared was 2nd, then Kimmy and then me.  Eli was walking around our property trying to get enough steps to beat Jacob.  He was going at a fast pace out there.  I'll have to find out who wins!  Jacob went out and was kicking the soccer ball around after that.  When he came in, Bill, Jared and Jacob played 3-13.  Kimmy gave me a lesson on the ukulele.  It is so much fun, but I must practice.  Kimmy saw the momma bird fly out of the place where I put the nest today. Yay! That makes me so happy.  I heard lots of chirping too.  My orioles were back and lots of other nice birds.  I got such beautiful meaningful cards, and it was such a fun day with family.  Whenever I look at my Pear tree out front from them all, I will think of this special day and all the love God has blessed us with.  I love my family!








No comments: