Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Wed., 5/26/21, HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY JACOB, OUR FIRSTBORN GRANDSON! Vikki brought Peyton and Isaac, Wes and Gayla came over

HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY JACOB!  WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

Isaac, Nana and Peyton
Isaac and Peyton
Cat Kenzie is giving me...her name is Lily and she's a sweet outdoor cat

It rained in the morning.  We got about a half inch. Happy I don't have to water.   I got up early so I could read and pray before the business of the day.  Called Jacob and sang Happy Birthday to him and talked to him for a few minutes.  Made a blueberry pie and made two batches of bread dough for cabbage buns.  Vikki brought Peyton and Isaac.  We talked to Kimmy on the phone and drank our coffee.  She had an extra breakfast sandwich from McDonald's that she gave me.  Yum!  We walked her out when she left for work and did our usual waving goodby.  Worked on spelling.  For reading today, we listened to a young boy read You love Ewe.  He was a good little reader and it was a cute book.  We listened to Wonky Donkey after that.  Rody had done that one with them, so the kids wanted me to hear it.   Finished cleaning the house.  Another very windy day, but it got up to 79.  It cooled down to 55 in the evening.  Adam FaceTimed me today, and we connected.  He was on his way home from school.  Last night we couldn't connect.  Took care of feeding birds, and took care of some early spring plants that needed cutting down.  Bill blew off the deck and I washed down the tables.  I stuffed the bread dough, then baked the cabbage buns.  Wes and Gayla came for dinner.  We had a salad with the cabbage buns, then had the blueberry pie for dessert.  We sat out on the deck and visited a long time, then played 2 games of 3-13.  I won the first and Bill won the second.  It was fun having them over.  They left when it was just getting dark as they had the motorcycle.  Bill tried to call Jacob, but couldn't get Kimmy to answer.  I texted Adam to have Kimmy call.  I didn't hear anything, and he had already told me goodnight, so I told Bill just to use my phone and text Jacob.  He doesn't have an I phone.  He sent a really sweet message, and Jacob answered it and then called him.  They talked for a few minutes.  Melissa sent me two cute pictures of Hailey with her instruments, so I am posting them on yesterday's blog.  It was a busy, but fun day.



2 comments:

Lela F Russell said...

Penny...I love to read your blog.

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

Thank you Lela. I love to read your blog!!!