Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Tues., 5/11/21, Went to Vikki's and Melissa's, Practiced playing my ukulele, Made Vegetable soup, watched The Chosen

 

Made yummy vegetable soup today

Isaac and Peyton

Jack...three fingers is for 3rd day in a row that we've seen each other

Evan
 Max

Melissa in her pink and grey chair her daddy picked up for her today.

My Orioles have to share their feeder and grape jelly with purple finches and chickadees this year.  They've never had to share here before.  Love how bright the orioles are and their beautiful song

 

It was windy and cool today.  There was a little sunshine, but not much.  Did our morning routine, then Bill went to Menard's and later I found out he went to Dick's too.  Mikey worked good today when we cooked our oatmeal.  I put raisins, strawberries and blueberries in mine.  Bill just wanted raisins and bananas.  I spent time with the Lord, then practiced my ukulele.  It's so much fun and so relaxing.  I have three notes down.  I checked on the baby robins that are in the camper thing.  They were chirping, so I'm happy they are ok.  A big black bird tried to fly up into where the nest is, but the mother Robin was having none of that and let it know so.  I also saw another big bird farther up our neighbors driveway try to get at a nest, but two small birds were having none of that either and were going after it.  The big bird wasn't giving up and in a minute there were four other small birds that came from the other side of our house and they flew with the two and went after that big bird.  I'm glad I'm not a bird!!!  I enjoyed walking around the yard a couple of times to look at my plants.  I did some watering as we only got a few sprinkles that didn't even wet any much at all.  All the plants that Kimmy and Marie just brought me to plant are doing great, and so are the ferns that Kenzie brought me.  I got the air mattress out that Hailey uses when she camps in our tent at BayShore.  She is going camping with her mom, dad and brothers and wants to use it.  Had to wait until Bill got home so he could hold our bed up in the camper, while I got it out.  He hooked my hoses up for me in three places.  Much more handier for watering now.  When Melissa was here on Sunday, she mentioned that she wished they made camping chairs that had a phone holder that our bigger phones would fit in.  Well, Bill surprised her today and went and found one for her at Dick's.  He took it over to her and she was so happy.  It sure was sweet of him.  He is one thoughtful guy.  I went to Vikki's and we had Frappi's and the kids had shakes I took there.  Lenny and Lucy were super excited to see me and it took them a while to calm down.  They know Nana loves them and want lots of attention.  Vikki and I played our ukuleles and she taught me another note "F".  We had fun. She played a song she's learning on the piano too and it sounded beautiful.  I went to Melissa's after that.  She let me try her new pink chair and it is so comfy.  I'm so happy that Bill did that and made her so happy.  I was walking to my car to leave, and Jack came out to see me.  We talked and I said this was our 3rd day in a row to see each other and he said he was just going to say that too.  I took a cute picture of him.  He went inside and Evan came running out to say hi.  I talked to him for a little while, and he went in and Max came out.  They made my day by running out to see me before I left.  When I got home, I made vegetable soup.  I walked outside while it was simmering.  We didn't get to eat until 7 when it was ready.  I enjoyed watching the oriole, and am glad it comes during the evening too.  It was too cool out, so I didn't sit outside on the deck and watch the birds very long today.  We watched The Chosen.  Love watching it.

No comments: