Friday, February 11, 2022

Friday, 2/11/22, Went to Kimmy's, took food to Beemers, went to Applebees with Bill

Jacob and Wyatt 
Vikki and Kimmy working hard in the cold to sand all 70 card holders Bill made
Two of the sweetest and most hardworking daughters ever!

Me staining card holders

Adam, Peyton and Isaac...first time Peyton and Isaac have been in his new room
Isaac, Peyton, Eli and Bo
These are all of our finished card holders


Kimmy's set....Eli picked the one with the screw hole because he said it had character.  Jacob said he wouldn't use a card holder lol.  He must take after his two grandpas.
Adam and Jacob playing a game together on their computers
Adam
Me and Jacob
Beautiful new cat addition to the Russell farm
Good Ole Frank

I put on good worship music this morning.  Made oatmeal and tea, then did my reading.  Vikki and the kids picked me up at around 11:15.  The kids only had a half day today, so we all headed to Kimmy's.  We took the 70 card holders Bill made with us so we could sand and stain them.  I found out on the way there, that Jacob and Eli didn't have school because of the snow and drifting from the high winds.  What a bonus day getting to have them there when we visit.  Poor Adam had school.  Kimmy had her yummy brown rice all ready almost when we got there and Vikki cooked the broccoli for on it.  It was a super delicious lunch.  Kimmy showed us Adam's new ceiling light in his room and his new lock for his door.  Very cool!  

I texted Bill's sister, Debbie, because I heard last night that she has been sick for a couple of weeks.  I was letting her know I love her and am praying and also wanted to know if she was up to a phone call or needed anything.  I got a text back from a friend of hers, who said Debbie is staying at a Condo so her son Matthew doesn't catch this.  She is taking care of her and said Debbie was weak, dizzy, having horrible headaches, had been tested twice for Covid and doesn't have it, that the doctor might put her in the hospital, that she loved me and to keep praying.  I sure would appreciate prayers for her.  

Kimmy and Vikki started sanding out on the deck and then brought them to me to stain.  Isaac was a great help bringing them in to me, and being our photographer.  Such a great kiddo!  Peyton, Eli and Isaac all had fun playing together too.  Fun cousin day at the farm! When it was time to pick Adam up, Jacob and I went to get him, so Kimmy and Vikki could finish sanding the rest of the card holders.  Jacob handled the music, he played Christian songs that he had downloaded and we don't hear on the radio much any more.  It was so much fun listening to him sing and remember all of the words to every song.  Adam was happy to see us and came waving and saying hi as he got in the car.  On the way home, Jacob was also my backseat driver in the front seat.  He told me, after I went through a yellow light, that yellow lights mean to speed up.  I already knew that ha ha.  I told him I bet his mom stops for yellow lights and his dad goes through them lol.  We had a fun time riding and talking.  When we got to their house, the girls were done sanding and we all finished staining.  It was fun all working together, but we sure were glad when we had our 30 minutes of resting and drinking our hot tea before it was time to leave.  Jared came home, looked at the card holders and said he like the dark color best, then changed and headed with the trailer to get animal food.  Vicki B. had texted me that tonight would be good for me to pick up food for them if it worked for me.  I was so happy to be able to help them out while they are going through so much.  She gave me the order, so I could call it in when I was ready to leave Kimmy's and then pick it up.  When Vikki dropped me off at home, I took my stuff in the house, then left right away to pick up the food order at Buffalo Wild Wings.  I dropped it off and she gave me a tour of their new house.  I hadn't seen it yet because the moved right as Covid was starting.  It is a beautiful home and she is a wonderful friend.  The kids were happy to see me and I was happy to see them.  Bill and I went to Applebees around 7:15 and ate dinner.  It wasn't busy at that time.  Our salad was amazing and our chicken strips and mashed potatoes were yummy.  We used part of our gift Card Charlie and Sue gave us for Christmas.  We still have enough on it to go there again.  We got our jammies on and Bill sat in the loveseat before me and had my electric throw on and my spot was all warmed up.  Thankful for all of the little meaningful things.  I opened the mail and got a very sweet card from Kenzie and lots of cute things to put in my journal as I do it.  It was a precious loving note from her.  She sure made her nana happy and touched my heart. Bill and I also got a very cute Valentine card from my BFF Vikki and her hubby.  Such a fun and special day.



 

No comments: