Wednesday, February 23, 2022

WED.,2/23/22, Bruce, Melissa and boys went to Disney. Icy out so most grandkids didn't have school. Poor Peyton and Isaac did and Vikki had to go to work, Made butterhorns, made more cabbage buns,

 

Butterhorns ready to pack up
My roses Bill got me are still beautiful
When the sun came out the ice on the trees was just beautiful.  Picture doesn't show just how beautiful and glistening it was





       Nice pictures Melissa sent me of their day at Disney World
Max and Jack

Jack
Max, Jack and Evan
Evan
Jack, Evan and Bruce
Melissa and Bruce
Max and Melissa
Jack and Evan

Very cold, windy and lots of ice outside.  All grandkids were off school except Peyton and Isaac.  Can't believe they had school.  Got up and put worship music on.  Made coffee and oatmeal for my breakfast.  Bill and Charlie went out on the icy roads and met for coffee.  YIKES!  I didn't go on the roads all day.  Eva, Kimmy and Jared's sheep had twins today.  They are the last lambs of the season.  Happy for Kimmy....kind of stressful with the ones that have a hard time.  Eli found these lambs already standing this morning.  Nice when they are easy deliveries.  I made butterhorn dough and put it in the refrigerator.  Made two patches of dough in the bread makers.  Bill got home and we did our morning reading.  Filled the bird feeders that were all iced up.  The birds were sure happy I took care of them.  They were eating at the feeders all day.  Kit Kat went outside with me and came running and jumped on the deck and went sliding.  Guess she learned a lesson about ice.  She was so funny sliding across the deck.  I rolled up the butterhorns and let them rise.  Then baked them and let them cool, while I made the cabbage buns and baked them.  Busy in the kitchen today.  Bill ran some of each over to Charlie and Sue for me.  I put some cabbage buns in the freezer for busy days too.  We are taking the butterhorns for our treat for Seasons of Refreshing.  Everyone brings something to share.  

In the evening,  Bill and I bundled up card holders in sets of 4 with twine.  We left some singles in case people want one or two.  I got some bags we had in the attic out and packed those in with the card holders.  Bill made a sign for a clip on picture holder I had and I cut the sign to fit perfectly on it.  Also got the money box ready.  We are hoping we sell lots as we are donating the money to Run for the Son to help missions.  Thanks again, Kimmy and Vikki for all of your hard work sanding them and helping stain them.  We sure appreciate you both!  You've donated to RFS by doing that.  

Talked with Vikki, Hailey and Melissa, and texted with Kimmy, Adam and all the them too. Melissa sent me some wonderful pictures of their day at Disney today.
Kenzie helped Bill with his small CMA State Rally Street Party cards he is making up.  She is amazing how she connects with him and does whatever is needed to make it how he wants it.  Travis helped him too.  He went to college for this and taught Kenzie how to do it too.  They are pretty amazing and very smart.  Thanks Kenzie and Travis.  We really appreciate you two and all the help and time you have given Papa.  





No comments: