Monday, July 11, 2022

Monday, July 11. 2022, More fun with Max today!

 

Max holding Lucy while we drove to Camping World in Houghton Lake, and then to St. Helen's to see where Max volunteers
Lunch at Purtell's

Of course we had to stop in Standish for ice cream

Made pancakes and bacon for breakfast.  Forgot to turn the vent on, so the smoke detector went off. Max tried to reach it on the stool, but couldn’t, so was bringing the ladder in when it just shut off itself.  We ate, then headed for Camping World in Houghton Lake.  Max shared his fruit slices on the way.  Max walked Lucy in Camping World the whole time.  We got an estimate on a new awning for the camper.  We drove to St Helen and went by the Ark, the animal rescue place Max volunteers at.  He was happy to show it to us.  We stopped at Purtell's in Pinconning for lunch. They got burgers and I got a Reuben.  Yum!  We stopped at Tacey’s for ice cream afterwards.  It started pouring out right before we got to the campground.  We made a run for the door, but got pretty wet.  Max took a nap and so did I.  When I got up, I rolled down the sides of the clam so they could dry good before packing it up.  I took my hammock down and packed it too.  Bill and I played 3-13.  He beat me by a few points, but we were both negative.  Max, Bill and I took the clam down and put it away in the camper.  I took Max home while Bill packed up all the outside things before it rained more.  Bruce had just grilled burgers, so Melissa got one ready for me to go.  Kimmy called me to see if I could pick up the books she wanted from my house or Vikki’s. and meet Jared with them.  I’m always happy to help if I can.  I left Melissa’s and went to Vikki’s to pick up the watchman books.  She showed me her newly painted bathroom.  It looks so nice.  I left and called Jared and met him at Cracker Barrel to give them to him. They always read them together as a family on their Copper Harbor trip.  I got some gas at Meijer and drove to the campground.  I got 65 mpg for the whole trip there.  I sure was happy about that.  I packed the inside stuff I could up so we don’t have much to do in the morning.  It was raining pretty hard when we went to bed.


No comments: