Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Tues., 7/19/22, Went to Meijer, Went to lunch with Lisa, checked on Kimmy's animals, Vikki, the kids and I went back to Kimmy's, Vikki and the kids came to swim

 

Took Lisa, my friend from church, out to lunch to celebrate her birthday!

Vikki's sad job of wheeling the lamb to the dumpster

Kit Kat wants to be by us when we swim, so she lays on the railing
Isaac and Peyton having fun in the pool

They both saw me getting cushions and came running to carry them for me.  Then Peyton started skimming the pool for me.  Such sweet kiddos.
Kit Kat walking the rail.

I went to Meijer right away in the morning to get Lisa's birthday card and gift.  I was gone camping on her birthday.  I came home and read my Bible and spent time with Kit Kat on the deck.   My Yeti mug came and it is so nice.  I used my points to get it free.  I picked Lisa up and we went to lunch at Levi's.  We had a good time visiting and the food was delicious.  I brought half my sandwich home for later.  After I dropped Lisa off, I went to Kimmy's to check the water tank for the lambs and check on the animals.  I couldn't believe it when I saw something lying in the field and it was a lamb that was dead.  Two years in a row for dead sheep.  One good thing was I changed the washer in the automatic tank filler and it works just fine now. No leaks.  I was sad about the sheep and knew I couldn't take care of it by myself.  I called Vikki and she said she would come help me if I needed her too.  I stopped at John's on Stark Rd. to see if he could help.  He wasn't home, but his wife said she would call a friend who has sheep, and she would let John know when he got home.  I went home because it was 91 degrees and really hot in the hot sun.  I gave her my number and told her she could call me and I would come back to help her husband take care of the sheep.  When I got home, Kimmy called me and said it would be best for Vikki and I to take care of it.  It was a lamb so wouldn't be so heavy.  She said in the heat it would deteriorate quickly and get lots of maggots.  She said maybe Bruce would come after work and help.  I called Melissa and Bruce and her were just at the vet getting Abby's stitches out.  They offered to come to Kimmy's and help, but I told her Vikki and I were going and we would let them know if we couldn't get it.  We put double gloves on, took a tarp and rolled the sheep on it, lifted it and put it in the wheelbarrow, then Isaac tipped the wheelbarrow and Vikki and I held the bag and the sheep fell in it.  We did that twice so it was double bagged, then Vikki wheeled it to the dumpster and we both lifted the wheelbarrow up and dumped the sheep into the dumpster.  So thankful we could do that to help Kimmy and Jared who are always helping us so much.  We stopped to tell John's wife we got it taken care of. 

We made BLT's for us and I warmed up Isaac's favorite chicken for him.  I cooked the bacon and made the toast and Vikki made the sandwiches.  They were really yummy with lettuce from the garden.  I had two brownies left, so we gave those to the kids.  

Vikki, the kids and I went swimming afterwards.  The water was so warm, but it sure cooled us down when we got out.  We stayed in a long time.  Kit Kat sure likes to be by us and watch us.  They left after that, and I watered our plants.  

1 comment:

Lela Russell said...

Thank you from both Russell's.