Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Wed., 7/20/22, Went to check on Kimmy and Jared's animals, Jack came and spent the day, Weeded the plants in my new garden, pulled plants out in bricked area

 

Papa and Jack ready to take off
Papa driving Jack out of the driveway
Papa and Jack on the motorcycle ahead of me.  Jack had just turned around and waved at me, but I missed getting a picture of that
Dug out lots of weeds and edged most of this garden today.  
Marie had given me these plants, so I planted them inside the bricked area.  They looked awful and dried up so I dug them out today also
I took Jack to see Aunt Vikki and Uncle Rody's house today.  Took this picture of him by Lucy, Isaac and Peyton today
Jack and Lenny

I went early this morning and checked on Kimmy and Jared's animals.  They were all doing just fine.  Yay!  The autofill was working great in the 4H lamb's tank. Yay again.  I did some more watering as it is in the 90's each day.  Watered the blueberries really good too and the potted plants.  

I got home and started weeding my new garden.  It had not been weeded since my 3 week camping trip, so it was pretty bad.  It was hard work, but great to have it done.  I edged most of it and l will finish that tomorrow.

I picked up Jack so we could have a fun day together.  We swam right away when we got to my house because they were predicting high winds for the afternoon.  We stayed in a long time and had fun swimming and talking.  It felt good to be cooled down after all that weeding.  

We got out of the pool and Jack went to see papa in the shed and asked if it was a good day for him to have a ride on the motorcycle and go to lunch.  Papa said yes, but he had Jack help him dig some on the stumps he's trying to did out.  Jack did a good job working on them.  I checked the weather and it said the strong winds would be starting at 2.  Jack came in and asked if I wanted to follow them in the car and eat lunch with them.  I followed them and we had yummy Culver's and of course had Concrete Mixers.  Jack got a large and it was huge.  I had to take something back to Home Depot, so did that and they headed for home.  I was only in the store for a few minutes, then I headed home.  It sure looked dark towards our house.  I stopped and checked the weather and there was a severe thunderstorm warning.  I was concerned that Papa and Jack were getting caught in it.  I got home and they were both wet.  I was glad they were safe and didn't get caught in anything bad.  I got wet when I ran to get Jack and my swim suits and towels off the line.  

We relaxed for a while, then I took Jack to see Aunt Vikki and Uncle Rody's house for the first time.  He loved it and was super excited when Aunt Vikki showed him the bed he would sleep in and the room it was in in the basement.  He thought it was pretty cool.  We hung out for a while til Melissa called and said Bruce could pick up Jack.  I told her I could bring him on my way.  It got pretty windy, so we headed to Jack's house.  

I made Little Caesar's pizza's from the pizza kits I got from Kody.  I fried up extra burger for the freezer, so I can just make them anytime.  I made patties for the freezer for our BayShore Camping trip too.  

I walked a few long cucumbers from our garden back to our neighbor, Brittany.  She was so happy to get them.  We talked for a while, then I headed home because it looked like it was going to rain again.  I talked to Melissa on the Phone.  Bill had his Marine Corp League meeting to go to.

No comments: