Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Wed., July 27, 2022, Went to Kimmy's, Got food prepared for Marie and Roy's visit, Went to Brandt's Farm Market, Put stuff back in Laundry room

 

Lela sent me these cute pictures from Copper Harbor.  These pictures are called now you see them, now you don't....so funny.  We have some really tall grandsons!



Someone bought Hemmeters Farm Market, so I visited it today to get a couple onions.  It's called Brandt Farm Market now.  I also got some corn as it was delivered while I was there

Me and Marie by the big bouquet of flowers she brought me.  So sweet of her!




                         The three pictures above are of the laundry room all finished.
         Kit Kat laying next to me while I read my Bible and prayed! She's such a good kitty!
                           The garden is way taller than I am now.  The fence post is 5 feet.


Got up early and headed to Kimmy's to check on the animals.  Thought I would take care of them so they would be all set when Kimmy and Jared got home.  All were doing great.  I was happy to know that.  Bill went to breakfast with Charlie.  
I got home and did laundry.  I went to Brandt's Farm Market and picked up a couple of onions I needed to make lunch.  I was happy when corn was delivered while I was there.  I got 6 ears to go with the three I got from Dave Wightman last night at prayer. 
I peeled and sliced cucumbers for my vinegar, sugar and onion recipe. I baked some brownies for dessert and while they were baking, peeled potatoes to grill for lunch.  Then I made up some iced tea.  Last of all, I  mixed up the burger and stuff for stuffed peppers, cut the tops off the peppers and stuffed them.  By the time I got that done, it was time to bake the peppers (and also a meatloaf with the extra filling), and put the potatoes in foil and grill them.  While they were cooking I boiled my water and shucked the corn and then put it in to cook.  Everything got done together which was what I was hoping for.  Marie and Roy got here after her doctor appt.  She had a good appt.  We ate about 20 minutes after they got here.  We had a very nice visit.  Before they went home, we walked out to look at the garden, and I picked some beets, peppers, kale and a few cherry tomatoes. I also gave them some cucumbers that I washed up this morning.  They were happy with the produce, and I was happy to share.  Kimmy called me while they were here and they were waiting to cross the Mackinaw Bridge.  She said it would be 2 hours, but it ended up being much longer.  She told me they got me a cinnamon roll from the Hilltop.  Could there be anything better!  That made me excited.  Those are my favorite.  I was so happy to get the call that they had crossed it.  Yay!  
I was very happy when Bill got the parts to the shelf he needed to replace and got it hung for me.  I got everything back in the laundry room.  Good project to have done.
We did our absentee voting together.  Will take them in tomorrow.  So excited that our neighbor is running for Circuit Court Judge.  Praying she gets elected, because she will be great for the job.  She has a lot of judges and people supporting her.  
Talked to Melissa for a while.  Talked to Vikki a few times today too.  I am so excited that Kimmy and family are getting home tonight.  I can't wait to see them.  I sure have missed them!  






No comments: