Hailey was such a blessing making us banana bread. She was also amazing at doing half of the chocolate covered strawberries. A huge thank you Hailey!
I got up at 7:30 so I could read my Bible before things got busy. I took my shower, did my hair, ran the pool filter for an hour, and filled Kit Kat’s self feeder and put it outside. Bill got up around 8:30 and read his Bible. He left to go get water jugs from Shays. At 10:45 I left to go to Isaac’s Marching band presentation. Vikki called and they were on their way at the same time and Bill called me and he was on his way there too. We all got there at the same time. We sat in the middle of the bleachers in the shade and all had our stadium seats to be comfortable. I brought Bill’s for him. I gave my Peyton a big hug when I saw her. She carried Papa’s stadium seat for me. We all enjoyed watching Isaac in the marching band. He and all the band did a great job and sounded wonderful.
I went to Jacks after that and got some safflower seed. I looked at their strawberries but they didn’t look real good. I went to Meijer’s next and got 6 containers of strawberries, some baked beans, some creamer and some nice stick things to put in the strawberries when they are ready to dip in chocolate. Hailey called to see if she could come over an bake banana bread. She had it all mixed up, but didn’t realize there were any walnuts at her house. She knows we like lots of walnuts on ours. We got to my house at around the same time. We went to Aldi to get some walnuts, came back home and she baked the banana bread. Then she helped me dip get the strawberries ready and then dip them into melted chocolate. She did the dark chocolate, and did an amazing job. She even took the extra chocolate and made swirls on some of hers. Hers were designer!
When the banana bread was done, Bill had the first piece when it was really warm. After I finished my strawberries, I ate a piece of banana bread. It was so super delicious. YUM!
Bill put a new screen protecter on my phone and also on my watch. He did a nice job and it sure is nice to have them looking good again. We went to Culver’s for dinner. I got a hamburger kids meal which is more than enough and so good. We came back to our house and hung out another half hour. I had put the other loaf of banana bread in parchment paper and in a ziplock bag.
Hailey left and took the other loaf of banana bread. I think she made it for her Aunt Vikki because she had told me she didn’t realize Aunt Vikki didn’t like walnuts on hers. She didn’t eat any when we were eating ours at BayShorei. She only likes to bake it. That’s good. I could eat more, but I’m too full, so will wait til morning.
I cut up a musk melon for tomorrow. I cut the second one an it was rotten. I think it is ok to use to catch the woodchuck. I put it in the live trap so hope I catch the bugger. I cut up a pineapple too and it was good. Then I noticed I had a device that cores the pineapple. I used it and it sliced it Ito. It was more ripe than the first one. I put everything in containers to take tomorrow. I put everything in container s and put them in the refrigerator.
I’m going to bed early, at 11, tonight. Getting up early to get ready and then pack up everything we have to take to Fred’s for our family reunion.
No comments:
Post a Comment