Vikki was on her way and asked if I saw the rainbow. I didn’t even though I looked all over. I did take a picture of the view from my front door. It looked so cool with the sun shining and clouds above it.
I got up and did my hair, then got ready, emptied the dishwasher and put dishes away, put pans I had washed last night away, and got racks out on the table for when cookies are baked. I made Bill and I a coffee and then we read our Bibles. Hailey got here after we finished. I had picked us up Vanilla Starbuck drinks, so we each had one. She started working in the kitchen right away getting a double batch of chocolate chip cookie dough made. I helped get ingredients ready and some measured out for her. I washed dishes as she worked. She carried the cookies out to the garage refrigerator and put them where I had made room for her.
Then she started making her banana bread. She baked the bananas instead of using over ripe bananas. I chopped some nuts for her and shredded some zucchini and measured it out for her. Melissa stopped over and brought Wookie. He was going between Hailey with the chocolate chips and me with chopping nuts. He is not supposed to eat either. Every time he heard me pick up the knife, he came to me. When I set the knife down, he went to Hailey. He didn’t get anything, because we were both being very careful. Melissa gave him some of his treats, and I had her get a bag of carrots out of the refrigerator and give him some of those. He was very happy with those healthy treats.
Melissa had a bowls of 2% Protein Yogurt, with honey, oatmeal, walnuts, and blueberries. She showed me how to make it and gave me some at her house the other day. I bought the ingredients for them yesterday. Hailey and I had Turkey off the Bone lunchmeat from Jack’s with Sharp cheese. I had a sandwich, and Hailey had it with crackers.
Hailey got right back at making the zucchini and pumpkin breads. I am sure glad I have a full sized stove/oven now. She had it going the whole time she was here and had her timer going and my watch timer going. She was so amazing the way she puts such love and care into her baking. She went over and above what she needed to do to make them really special, delicious and beautiful. I love that she uses parchment paper in the bread tins and there is no messy tins plus, it looks beautiful in the parchment paper. I talked to Kimmy, then Vikki and while I was talking, she washed all the pans and dried them and put them away. She is sure a blessing from the Lord to me. I sent some freezer bags of corn home with her for her family to have in their freezer. She gave me two big hugs before she left.
I sure do love her. Bill bought a loaf of banana bread Hailey made right away. He put $10 in the Bake Sale Money envelope. All the money goes to Run for the Son which goes to 4 ministries to reach the lost for Jesus....Jesus Film, Global Christian Outreach, Mission Ventures, and CMA US Outreach rallies. 100% goes to missions. Last year we raised over $1000 at our Bake sale at the state rally.
I went out to feed the fish and sat and watched them. It was getting dark in the west, but had some clear spots like it was wanting to go to the north. I sure did pray that we would get some much needed rain. The wind started blowing really hard when I got in the house. It started raining really hard. The pool cover did great in the wind. Vikki stopped over after she was done and saw a beautiful rainbow on her way here. It was still raining when she got here. She stayed for a few minutes until Peyton called her to come get her from school. She had gone with the Pruitt’s to a game at school, but it had gotten rained out and cancelled. She hung out with them for a while inside the school. I sent a dozen ears of corn, and some quart freezer bags home with Vikki. This is our best year for corn yet. The Lord sure blessed us.
No comments:
Post a Comment