Rody and Peyton
I got up early. I put the baked beans I had baked last night in the crockpot so they would be warm for the reunion. I read my Bible. Bill got up and came in and read his Bible too. We did our Devotion together. We got ready and the nwe packed everything in the Jeep. We were happy everything fit. We left and headed to Carol’s. We had time so we went in and visited with her and Angie for a while, then we put Angie’s veggies and dip for the reunion in our cooler. Carol is unable to go to the family reunion because she has COPD.
Angie rode with us. It was a nice ride. Bill got out after a while and snapped Angie’s window in the back so it was sealed and didn’t let the noisy air blow in. Angie was having trouble hearing us. It took over an hour to get to Fred’s house. He was outside when we got there and welcomed us. He helped us carry everything in too. We went inside and greeted Bill’s sister, Pam, who had flown in from N. Carolina. It was so good to see her and get to spend time with her. She had brought each of us girls, a beautiful tin of English tea from England where she and Dick go for part of the year to live because he is from there. She brought Bill a bag with Cheese Its, a bag with real cheese curds, and a cheese square to squish. He hates cheese!!! Then she also gave him a nice package of chocolates.
Fred grilled brats and burgers on the grill which were delicious. Shani made potato salad that was yummy. There was delicious fruit the girls brought. (I brought Melissa’s because they were at dog camp camping, so I told her I would bring pineapple and musk melon for her. Angie brought the veggies and dip. Everyone liked the chocolate covered strawberries Hailey and I made. Tom asked me if I would pack up about 8 of them for him to take home, so I did. He was pretty happy to have them. Pam left because she had to get to the airport to fly home. Freddie, Ashton and the boys left. Then the rest of us left after helping clean up.
It was such a fun reunion and so good to see everyone. We all really missed Kimmy, Jared and the boys. I sent her texts because everyone wanted them to know they missed them and love them. We took Angie back to Carol’s. Vikki, Rody, Isaac and Rehvyn were behind us for a ways, then they took Rehvyn home and picked up Peyton because she went home with Kenzie.
I was happy to talk to Kimmy when I got home. She had a popped hear that was bugging her because she could hear herself so loud. Poor girl. I can’t wait until she is back to normal and felling great. I am really missing my Kimmy and her family.
I was trying to do the blog, but I fell asleep sitting up. I was tired from getting up early, plus tomorrow we get up early so we can leave by 7:30 to go to a church crash for CMA in Sebewaing. When I woke up, Bill told me I had slept for an hour. I quit my blog and went to bed when he did.
No comments:
Post a Comment