![]() |
| Rehvyn got to spend the night at his Grammy Vikki's |
![]() |
| She fixed his hair really cute for church. I thought he got a haircut when I saw this picture |
![]() |
| Peyton Pierced a second hole in each ear. Yikes, I could never do that myself |
![]() |
| Kimmy, and family crossed the bridge...yay they are in lower Michigan |
| Bill put a new faucet in the camper bathroom. The old one was a trough and when you turned the water on after hooking the hose up it would spray water at you or just spray the floor. Nice change! Good job sweet husband. We went to the early service at church. It was J.W Ruff’s first Sunday officially as one of our pastors. Worship was awesome and pastor’s message was great. There were cookies after church at a table where everyone could meet Pastor Ruff. I had already talked to him before church. We have known him for a long time. He and his family used to live in the house Bruce and Melissa live in. Vikki went to their Bible Study back then. They moved to Virginia and now are back. Bill and I went to Bob Evans for breakfast after church. We came home and read our Bibles and caught up on a weeks worth of devotions in Billy Graham’s Wisdom for Each Day. They were all good. We took a nap after that. We needed one after our week at BayShore. On the go most every day with early rising and going to bed late. I slept for a couple of hours. Bill got up before me. Kimmy and Jared called. They both shared their adventure they had on Friday. We are blessed that God strengthened Jared, Jacob and Eli when they got caught in wind and high waves after setting out in kayaks in peaceful still waters. They have to tell it to really take it all in. I cried when they were telling me about it. I can’t thank God enough, for giving Jared and the boys strength to paddle against those high waves to get back to the Island they left Kimmy and Arnie on. He also had the water temperature warmer that day so Jared didn’t get hypothermia when he fell in, Kimmy was going to send Jacob out to rescue Jared, but she knew he was super tired from rowing all the way across the harbor in those waves. He said he could do it though. Jared was trying to keep his head above water with those waves coming at him. He had seen the charter boat earlier but hadn’t seen it yet so figured it was done for the day. He was trying to hang on to the Kayak, the paddle and keep his shoes on all the while trying to keep his head up. He lost his flip flops....ok with that. He looked up and there was the charter boat next to him. The running it had been doing charter rides for 20 years. He got as close as he could without being concerned about hitting the kayak. He figured if someone saw a kayak floating with no one around it they would think someone drowned. He told Jared to swim to the boat. Jared tried, but those waves were making it too difficult. The boat came closer. Jared made it to the ladder and the guy told him not to try to get in the boat, but to hang on to the ladder and take some breaths. Then he was able to climb up and get on board. One of the 3 ladies on the boat told him Welcome Aboard. He asked permission to come on board. I am so thankful God provided this charter boat to come get Jared (by the way, the name of it was Noah’s Ark Charter) The guy operating the boat said if it had ben July 1st, the water would have been so cold Jared would have gotten hypothermia. Jacob didn’t have to go try to pull Jared out of the water which could have been so dangerous for both of them. They made it back to Kimmy. Eli carried Arnie over big rocks with his flip flops on and made it ok. What an adventure. It is also a good thing when Jacob and Eli wanted to keep going farther on the Lake Superior side, that Jared said they had to turn around and go back. They would have had to be in that rough water longer if they would have continued. God was there in so many BIG WAYS. I just couldn’t imagine if something had happened to Jared. We all love him so much and know how important he is to his family and how loved by them. Thank You Lord for watching over all of them. I went over to Vikki’s to see Rehvyn. He gave me such a nice hug and kiss. He is so sweet and so loving. He brings us so much joy. He’s just who I needed to see after hearing their adventure. Vikki wanted to know what happened, so I told her to call them while they were still driving on their way home. They shared what happened with Vikki and Rody came in to listen too. What a testimony of God’s provision and faithfulness and never failing love. I had fun spending time with Vikki, Rehvyn, Peyton and Isaac. I came home and worked on catching up on blogs. Seems like I am always one or two behind. Video showing how rough the waves and water was that they were rowing against to get back to the Island Kimmy and Arnie were on. Jared was way behind the boys because he had Adam’s kayak that you sit on top of. Plus he had tried to bring a huge rock he liked back with him. The rock didn’t make it. The next day everyone just wanted to relax at the campsite as they were tired and sore. Adam had been at the campsite when all of this was going on. |










No comments:
Post a Comment