Monday, August 31, 2026

Monday, 8/31/29, Got up at 6 and added water and yeast to ingredient in bread maker to make dough, cooked burger, cabbage and onion, made cabbage buns, went to Sebewaomg and hung State Rally Banner for CMA on corner, then drove through Frankenmuth and went to Clio, Met Bev, Jim and Dave, Bill did CMA training and Dave became a member, packed more food in camper

Cabbage Buns baked and cooling
Bill and I hung the banner at the corner by BayShore for the Rally this weekend
The drive through Frankenmuth was beautiful

I set my alarm for 6 a.m. and got up and added water and yeast to the other ingredients in the bread makers.  I made two batches.  Went back to bed for a while, then got up at 8 and cooked the burger, cabbage and onion.  I let it cool while I read my Bible and did my prayer books.  Ate a cut up peach for breakfast.  Also drank a protein drink.  

I made the cabbage buns and put them in the oven.  Thankful for my big oven so I can put both trays on the lower shelf and then move both to the upper shelf.  Takes half the time it did with my old small oven.  I am always so thankful when I use my stove.  I cooled them and put them in the refrigerator.

I made my shopping list out, then left to go get groceries for our camping trip.  I stopped at Jack’s first, then Meijer.  I forgot my phone which the list was on, but managed to remember everything I needed and checked it off the list when I got back home.  I just drove back to the camper to unload the groceries.  Bill just happened to open the shed garage door as I pulled up.  He carried all of the groceries over to the camper and handed them up to me, so all I had to do is put them away.  He wanted to leave to put the banner up for our Rally before we met Jim, Bev and Dave, so I hurried so we could leave.  We ate leftover pizza right before we left. 

We got to the corner and put the banner up under BayShores permanent sign.  It went fast and Bill was happy to have it up ahead of time so people will see it.  We headed to Clio after that and got to drive through Frankenmuth on our way.  We got to Leo’s in Clio at 6:45.  They had waited for us to get there to order.  Bill got breakfast, the rest ordered meals and I got pie and coffee with flavored creamer.  That’s all I could eat after having pizza.  While we were waiting for our food, Bill went over the training with Dave to become a CMA member.  He is a Pastor’s son and loves the Lord and loves serving.  He’s 43 years old and single.  He plays on his dad’s church worship team.  This is our second time spending time with Dave.  He surprised us and payed for all of our meals.  He’s coming to the rally on Saturday.

We left and I called Barb and let her know I would help put the registration stuff together if they need more help on Thursday.  Melissa called me and I talked to her til I got home.  Then I had to go put another load of refrigerator stuff in the camper before it got dark out.  I put all the cabbage buns in the freezer.  I called her back after I did that.  We had a nice talk and Evan played a really long and great song on the piano and sang it for me.  He sounded so good and did an amazing job playing the piano.  He just started taking lessons from the Lady who did all of the announcing for the Saginaw Eddy Band on Sunday’s when Jacob played.  She is very talented at playing the piano.  The music teacher at Valley told her about Evan and helped set it up for them to meet.  

I texted with Vikki for a little while.  I talked to Kimmy this morning for a while.  It was a great day.



 

No comments: