Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Tuesday, 8/4/26, Primary Election Day, I met Jared at 7 a.m. to get cinnamon roll, got back and went back to bed til 9, pulled weeds in front of house and around the one side around plants, fed fish, went to visit Chris, stopped at Stacie’s, went to Meijer for a return, Saw Sue there, dropped off food for Sue, went to prayer,

Yummy cinnamon roll Kimmy and family brought us from the Hilltop Restaurant.  One of our favorite stops in the UP.  We can only eat a forth of it a day.
Yum, I warmed it up and put some nuts on top and it was so delicious
Our rose of Sharon bush is blossoming.  We got it last year
Rody turned our picture into the 80’s.  We look pretty groovy.
Yay Kimmy and Jared voted.  Bill and I dropped our absentee ballots off yesterday
Yay, I got to see Kody today!  He is taller than I am now!  

I got up at 6:15 and went out to the living room and read my Bible.  I went to meet Jared to get the cinnamon roll.  He was parked and got out of the Jeep to give me it and I had to give him a window hug since I was so happy to see him after his close call.  He is like a son and I sure am thankful to have him in our family.  Not to mention he’s a great husband to our Kimmy and a great dad to our grandsons. 

  I went back to bed for an hour after I got home.  Bill and I enjoyed eating a 4th each of the cinnamon roll.  It was so good.  It was shaded in front of the house so I decided to go out and pull weeds where they had come while we were on vacation.  The preen had helped lots so there weren’t too many so I was thankful for that.  
My friend, Chris, texted me and wanted to know if we could get together today.  I was happy to hear from her and had time in the afternoon to go to her house for a visit.  We visited in her living room for a while, then went in the kitchen and she made us hot fudge sundaes with mint chip ice cream and put pecans on top.  That tasted so good.  Had a small dessert bar with it.  I left after that because I had to go to Stacie’s and drop off a canning jar she sent sour kraut home with us in.  Also had a return for Meijer.  

I enjoyed my short drop off visit with Stacie and Kody.  I was happy Kody came out and stayed the whole time I was there.  He’s growing up fast and is always so sweet to me.  He gave me a big hug, then we realized he was taller than me.  We had to capture a picture of that.  

I stopped at Meijer after that.  I walked in the door and looked and almost didn’t believe my eyes.  Sue was just getting a shopping cart and ready to go in to shop.  I went over to her and said hi, then looked to see who brought her.  Praise God!  No one.  She drove herself.  She hasn’t driven in a very long time, so this made me very happy.  Josh had stopped over and checked her vehicle and said it was ok to drive.  The check oil light was on, but she had lots of oil.  She just hasn’t gotten an oil change for a very long time because of not driving it.  She dropped off her absentee voter ballot, then stopped at Meijer.  I told her I was thinking of her last night when I made stuffed peppers.  Last time I made them I took a meal to her because she told me she likes them.  I came home and made baked potatoes.  Bill and I ate, then I packed up a stuffed pepper, a baked potato, and some cucumbers with vinegar, water, sugar and onions that I had made from cucumbers out of our garden.  I had to do a quick drop off because I was on my way to prayer and was running behind.  She came out on her porch so I could quick give her the food.  I left to get to prayer, and got there 2 minutes late.  I was happy I wasn’t later.  The lights were all green for me.  Yay!  I had prayed that the Lord would help me.

Prayer was so good.  The Holy Spirit sure flows.  I got to share afterwards about how God protected Jared, Jacob and Eli.  Everyone was so happy they were all ok and thankful the boat came and Jacob didn’t have to go out again to help Jared while he was exhausted.  God is so awesome!


No comments: