 |
| Eli’s first day of 11th grade |
 |
Peyton and Isaac’s first day of High School. - 9th grade
|
 |
| Jack’s first day being a senior |
 |
| Evan first day of 10th grade |
 |
| Bill rolling up strap...returning pool cover that was too small, but drying it first |
 |
| Bill had the wheel barrow and the big wagon full of corn when I got home. He picked 210 ears of corn from our garden behind him |
 |
| Us shucking corn together |
 |
| Corn....Bags of corn on the cob for Melissa, Vikki and our neighbor behind us. The rest to be done and put in the freezer. Kimmy got lots of corn from her garden too and did it a couple of weeks ago. We planted later. |
 |
All ready to be cooked, cut off the cob and put in gags for the freezer
 | | The three gallon bags of corn for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter |
|
We got up at 8:30. I took my shower and Bill took the trash out. We read our Bibles and did our devotion after that. I did my prayer books. We covered the pool with a 20 foot cover which worked much better than the size it says for our pool which is 18 foot. We took the old one and hung it over the line to dry. I left to go to the store for ingredients for Hailey to bake banana bread, zucchini bread, pumpkin bread and chocolate chip cookies. I had mostly everything she needed, but needed some of the stuff. Went to Meijer, then went to Jack’s for Off the bone turkey lunchmeat and finch food. I talked to Kimmy and Jared on my way home. I was telling Kimmy about our corn and told her we might do it today. She told me to wait until Friday until her and Vikki were here to help. I told her it would depend on if Bill picked it already when I got home. He had. The girls both offered to come help, but I told them we could get it done. I put my comfy chair in the shade next to the wagon and garbage can that Bill had ready for me and he stood by the wheelbarrow and we began shucking corn. He picked 210 ears of corn. We gave a dozen to our neighbor behind us. Bill took it back and gave it to Chase, who gave us a bag of fish he caught and cleaned. That was so nice of him, but totally unexpected. I got a dozen ready for Vikki and 1 1/2 dozen ready for Melissa. Then we shucked the rest. It was cool in the shade and fun to do together. After that, we hauled it up to the house. I took a picture of it by the back door, then we took in inside. I made Bill a baked potato, warmed up sirloin burger, and he had corn on the cob. I started boiling the corn, and cutting it off with my favorite easy tool, than packed it in bags. I made my dinner during one of the 5 minute boiling times, and ate quickly. I just had my corn out of the cut up corn. Bill took all the cobs of corn out for me and helped with whatever I needed. We got done at 1 a.m. He dumped the pot of water for me and helped me carry 29 quart bags and 3 gallon bags of corn to the basement freezer.
Than he went to bed and I spent a half hour cleaning up the kitchen. He was more tired than me because he had picked all that corn so I had told him to go to bed. We were so glad when the corn was done and told each other a few times what a great job the other one did and how much we loved each other. What a big job to have done. I’m so glad we don’t have to do it on Bill’s birthday Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment