Tuesday, March 5, 2019

3/5/19...Went to breakfast, went to sort baby clothes for Life Clinic, Had Care Group at Great Lakes Rehab

My Amaryllis is starting to take off now!  Yay

We ladies from New Life had fun together sorting baby clothes for Life Clinic. Anna Lewis, Phyllis Passeriello, me, Kris Hammerbacher, Erin Galsterer, Kim Mack, Kathleen Cronin, Stephanie Smith and (Joan Cline took the picture)

Bill, John Symons (Foster's Dad), Diane at Care Group

Diane, Roy, and James

Vikki shaved Lenny.  Looks like one of Kimmy's sheared sheep!

We went to breakfast.  Wes, Gayla, Mike, Mary, Dennis, Bill and I were the only ones there today.  I had to leave at 9 to go sort clothes at Furbringer School for Life Clinic.  I took Bill's truck, and he took my car to go take Melissa to therapy for me.  We had 9 of us ladies from church sorting.  There was no heat or water in the building.  They had electric heaters going in the room, but they tripped the circuit, so quit.  We all had dressed warm and kept our coats and gloves on while we worked.  The maintenance man stopped in the room and told us to put one heater on one end of the room and the other on the other end.  He reset the circuit breaker and we had heat in the room.  Not real warm, but much better.  Kathleen brought donuts and bagels and we had coffee.  We all worked well together and had fun doing it.  We got 90% of it done and will finish tomorrow.  I came home and finished my lesson for tonight.  Bill and I left early for care group.  We went to Subway first and had a sub for dinner.  A police officer came in and I thanked him for what he does and told him how much we appreciate what he and other policemen do for us.  He was so nice and talked to us for a while.  We paid for our meal and told the guy we wanted to pay for the policeman's too.  Well the policeman only ordered 3 cookies.  The guy told him his was paid for.  I told him he should get a sub too, but he was just getting a snack to hold him over till he went home for dinner.  We had gotten cups for water and the guy working told us to get any pop we wanted in our water cups.  He was blessing us I think because we blessed the policeman.  So happy we went there because the whole thing made our day.  We went to Great Lakes Rehab and had our care group. Bill got Roy and brought him in the wheel chair, and Diane brought James in his wheelchair. We had a good study and lots of discussion on how important God's Word is and how it is our responsibility to read it and obey it with the Holy Spirit's help. Amen to that!

No comments: