Friday, May 10, 2019

Friday, 5/10/19...Went to Melissa's, Found out our good friend Rich has stage 4 lung cancer, Shopped for Wes's Birthday gift, Vikki got my fitbit to charge for me, Went to Wes and Gayla's



The closest end of the front porch was covered with lots of stuff the birds were making nests with.  I swept tons up one day.  Vikki told me the birds would have cleaned it up.  The next day, the porch was covered with even more stuff.  What a mess.  I decided to just leave it.  Today when I looked, I noticed the porch was very clean.  I asked Bill if he swept it and he said no.  Guess the birds cleaned it up just fine.  I was amazed!  Wish I would have taken a before picture.
Evan and Hailey with Abby

Max

Got  to Melissa's at 6:15 so I could go upstairs and wake the kids up for her.  She can't go up the stairs yet.  I woke them all up by singing to them and having them pop up like toast in the morning. 
They were pretty tired, but got up and got busy getting ready.  I was happy to see Melissa could walk, even though it was painful, it was better than yesterday.  She made Jack and Evan protein shakes, and packed lunches.  I was pretty amazed at the difference from just yesterday.  Vikki picked them up and took them to school.  I took Hailey to school and then came home.  I told Melissa to call me if she needed me.  I went and picked up a few goodies for Wes's Birthday.  I couldn't get my new fitbit to charge, so I took it to the school Vikki works at and met her in the parking lot.  She brought her charger and it showed the battery.  Then she put my charger on it and it started charging.  Got home and finished charging it and it is working fine.  I had it on my charger all night last night and it didn't charge.  What would I do without my girls.  They are always there to help me.  I texted Melissa while I was across the street at the school to see if she wanted me to come do anything and she didn't.   I got home and Melissa called to see if I could pick up the kids.  I said yes, but then Vikki called me and I totally forgot to set my alarm.  I started cutting up strawberries to dehydrate them.  I got a text from Melissa saying not to forget the kids, but when I looked at the clock I was already 20 minutes late.  I took off fast, stopped to get Hailey first, then went to get the boys.  Hailey sat in the car and I went in.  Mr. Paviligo was just coming out the door with his kids and let me in.  He told me they were in latch key and I could go downstairs and walk through.  I went downstairs and walked through to the other room, but didn't see anyone.  I went back upstairs and rang the buzzer to go down the hall to the gym.  No one came to the door.  I walked back to the other hallway and saw a guy walking toward the door.  I asked if he knew where the kids were.  He took me back downstairs and then walked across the other room and checked outside.  That's where the boys were.  He told me I could just drive around and pick them up.  I did that and found them.  The lady in charge asked me for ID because she didn't know me.  I showed her my license.  She said she had tried to call Melissa, but couldn't get an answer, so left a message with Bruce.  Bruce called right as I was showing my ID.  The boys got their book bags and got in my car.  I don't think I will ever forget again.  I took them home and went in and talked to Melissa for a while.  Came home and Bill and I ate out left over pizza from last night.  Got a letter n the mail from a good friend of ours who let us know that he has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and also has a mass on his abdomen.  He had to retire from his firefighter job at the airport.  So sad he and his family have to go through this.  We are praying in agreement with them for a miracle from God.  We went to Wes and Gayla's to celebrate Wes's Birthday.  Chuck and Sue came too.  We played SkipBo and then had Homemade German Chocolate Cake and ice cream.  Bill didn't eat cake because he doesn't like coconut.  It sure was delicious.  It was so nice to see Joel there too.  Such a fun night.  Wes won the first game and Gayla won the second game.

No comments: