Friday, May 3, 2019

Friday, 5/3/19...Went to Melissa's early, Took Hailey to school, Vikki brought the kids over, Melissa's Muscle Biopsy was cancelled, Went out to eat with Pat and Rich

Evan showing me the quilt he made in his sewing class at school.  He made it for Abby and was so proud of it.  I am proud of him.  He did a great job.  He pointed out to me that you can't see any stitches.  So nice!
First Oriole of the year on the feeder

The oriole in mid air flying at the feeder.  The woodpecker was drinking on the other side. 

They drank together for quite a while.  So beautiful

Love how beautiful the oriole is sitting in the tree

Peyton

Isaac with silly Peyton's hand in the picture

I got up at 4 a.m. and went to Melissa's at 5.  The kids were still sleeping.  Melissa filled me in on what I needed to do to get the kids ready for school.  They left at 5:20. I rested until it was time to get the kids us/  My alarm went off, so I went upstairs and woke the kids up singing...the ants song, my version, and the Good Morning song.  I woke Evan up first.  When he saw it was me, he said, i'm so glad you are here Nana.  He gave me a big wonderful hug.  I went and woke Jack next and he was just as happy and excited as Evan and gave me the nicest hug.    Then I woke Max and got the same reaction with a super big loving hug.  Hailey was last and I got a smile and a hug from her although, not quite as much excitement.  She was excited when I told her I was taking her to school, so she didn't have to ride with her usual ride and be late.  They all ate and I put the stuff Melissa had packed in containers in their lunches.  I helped with Evan and Jack's memory verse.  They knew it pretty well and really well by the time we got done.  Evan practiced some spelling with me too.  I prayed over the kids before they left.  Vikki picked them up and took them to school. It was misting out.  I dropped Hailey off at school and headed home.  Came home and rested for a while.  Read my Bible.  Vikki dropped the kids off for me to watch while she went to her luncheon with the ladies she works with.  She won a $10 Starbucks Card which made her very happy.  I made spaghetti O's and meatballs for the kids.  They had an ice cream sandwich afterward.  They played afterward. Melissa called me to say the made it, but her surgery had to be cancelled because they forgot to tell her not to take Motrin a few days before.  They already had the IV in her.  Bummer.
She has to go back next week now.  Poor thing.  Vikki came and Bill watched the kids while her and I went to a couple of really nice stores in Shields.  We had fun.  She borrowed the truck to help Misty pick up her mom's new couch.  Bill and I went to an estate sale Vikki told us about.  I got a nice wash tub, some small containers and and umbrella.  We met Pat and Rich at Riverside Restaurant and had dinner.  Went to Cabella's afterward but didn't get anything.  Came home and watched jeopardy and the news.  

No comments: