Saturday, May 25, 2019

Sat. 5/25/29...My Muck Boots sure came in handy for walking around the campground

The back section of the campground flooded





Lucy in the hammock

Peyton and Isaac

Vikki, Lucy and Rody...Hobo dinners cooking over the fire

Me and Peyton



Cute little puppy we met

Lucy, Lenny and the puppy

Jack, Hailey, Evan and Max at BayShore

Bill and Rody helping our neighbors put up their tent with many poles
It started raining at midnight.  Rained til 7:30 a.m.  A few times it just poured and lightening lit up the sky.  I got up and put the awning in because it was getting windy.  Didn’t sleep to well because it got pretty noisy during the downpours.  By 7 a.m. Vikki was up and going to do laundry, and I went and took a shower.  Two more downpours while I was taking my shower.  It stopped by the time I got outside.  Wore my wonderful Muck boots around the campground and it sure was a good thing.  I wouldn’t have been able to get down the road though all that water and mud otherwise.  I just easily rinsed them off with the hose when I got back.  Lots of flooded campsites in the back.  We put all of our stuff in the clam to keep dry and had a dry campsite.  I thought of Kimmy lots and how easy she has made it for us with closing up and opening the Clam by sewing toggles on it, and putting clips on the tie downs.  Thanks Kimmy!

No comments: