Monday, December 18, 2023

Monday, 12/18/23, Made 2 batches of Christmas Cookies, Vikki came over and we made cabbage buns, dropped off Jack’s card and note, Vikki and the kids helped decorate cookies

Love this picture of Rehyvn smiling so cute
I loved feeding Rehvyn his bottle yesterday.  Didn’t know Vikki took this until she sent it to me this morning
Blooms are opening on my Christmas cactus
Two beautiful cardinals on the feeders.  Looks like they are posing for me.  There were 3 but one flew off.
Great helpers today.  Vikki helped too!
 
 
 
 
Woke up at 5:30.  Looked out the window and saw the new kitty jump off the top of Kit Kat’s house.  Peyton named it Hershey.  She jumped down quickly and ran off.  I decided to go back to bed, but then after a few minutes, I thought I’d better get up and make Christmas cookies, because Vikki and the kids are going to help decorate after school.  I made 2 batches.  After that, I got dough going in both bread makers.  Vikki is helping me make cabbage buns for her and I too.  

Kenzie called and Rehvyn had his first dr. appt.  He weighs 7 lbs. 6 oz., so is almost back up to his birth weight of 7 lbs. 8 oz.  She said he’s doing great!  

Vikki came over when she got out of work.  The dough had to raise another half hour.  I offered to make her something to eat, but we decided to have cabbage buns when they were done.  We did have a snack to hold us over though.  Vikki was tired, so I told her I would go get the kids.  I had written a note and a page of Scripture for Jack and I needed to drop it off at Melissa’s.  Jack’s Algebra teacher wanted parents and another close family member to write an encouraging letter with Scripture verses for his students.  I had forgotten about it until Melissa reminded me about it today.  I was just finishing it when Vikki came.  Well, I went to get the kids and when I got there I realized it was 2:45 and they don’t get out until 3:45.  At least I got the letter to Melissa.  Vikki was on the phone with Kenzie and didn’t realize I had told her I was going.  Otherwise she would have told me it was too early.

The dough was raised nicely, so we made the cabbage buns.  We made 24 of them.  Vikki, Bill and I ate some, then I split the rest with Vikki so she could take some home.  She left to  go get the kids.  I made the frosting so when they got back we started decorating cookies.  We did all but 2 1/2 dozen that I saved out to take to Melissa so they can decorate them.  

Vikki and the kids left, and when the frosting on the cookies was hard enough, I packed some up for the freezer and put the rest in a container to have for us and visitors.  

We watched a movie in the evening.  It was a Christian movie that was very suspenseful, but had a good ending.  Bill scared me a few times during it to be funny.   



 

No comments: