Saturday, December 9, 2023

Sat., 12/9/23, Happy Birthday to Sister C, Kimmy, Jared and Adam came over, Bill and Jared got the new toilet in upstairs

Eli and Jack eating breakfast
We loved looking out the window and seeing all of the guys working together and having fun.  Fun to watch them shoot at the target too.
Bill, Jared, Bruce and Max
 
Adam...he was pretty tired when he got here (he played games with Jacob until 3 a.m.) He perked up later on so I took his picture
Jack looking very cool!
Our new toilet works so good.  It looks crooked in this picture, but it’s not
Our toilet paper holder was pretty loose and I was getting concerned it would fall off.  Kimmy fixed it today and it is a sturdy as can be

Bill got up early to go to the Marine Corp. League Sat. Breakfast.  Then he went and picked up our new toilet.  I let the boys sleep in.  I had my oatmeal and coffee.  I ran some chicken noodle soup over to Sue and Charlie.  Talked to Sue for a few minutes on the porch, then came back home.  Bruce called me at 11:15 and said there was a fencing tournament he thought Eli and Jack would like to go to.  I went upstairs and knocked very loudly on the bedroom door and finally after the 6th knock, I heard and answer.  The boys were getting up, so I went downstairs and made them eggs, bacon, hash browns, and toast.  I got some special glasses out of my china cabinet and poured orange juice for them too.  Bill got home and cleaned up the rest of the eggs.  
When they were done eating, the boys carried the old toilet downstairs and out on the porch and carried the new toilet upstairs.  Jared and Kimmy put in a toilet like it at their house last night, so they were coming to help Bill after they finished putting in the toilet they moved out of the main bathroom, in the back bathroom.  Bill fixed the water leak in the thing that hooks up to the toilet.  He did a great job.  He had everything ready when Kimmy and Jared came.  They had to run to Home Depot and got Bill’s discount for Kimmy and Jared by showing their receipt.  It saved them $38.  They were very happy.  We were very happy for them helping us and saving us money to have ours put in.  Bill had set up to have someone do it.  Bill called and had Jared talk to Kimmy and asked her to clean the wax off the ring upstairs.  I had just helped Bill do that with the last one, but Jared knew Kimmy just did it and would know what to do.  I told her I would, but she said she wanted to.  When they got home they got the new toilet in right away.  Great job everyone!  

Bruce and Max came over and they went out with Bill and Jared and practiced shooting.  It was so much fun watching them out the window.  It was a beautiful warm day around 60 degrees.  Max sure was happy hanging out with all of them.  They all seemed happy to be outside having fun together.  So very thankful for such a close family.  I made goulash and we all ate it except I made spaghetti'Os for Eli and Kimmy had chicken noodle soup.  Jack ate 2 bowls of goulash, then he went home with Bruce and Max.  They were eating Bruce’s homemade stew at home.  Kimmy and Jared went to Blue Thumb and came back with a fish  when they picked the boys up.  They had to hurry and get the fish home, but they took time to load our old toilet to dispose of it for us and the boys put the toilet we are taking to Kenzie in the truck for us.  

I talked to Melissa a couple of times, talked to Vikki and talked to Kenzie.  Kenzie and Vikki are feeling better today.  So happy about that.  

We watched the movie Silver Bells while I worked on my blog and Bill worked on the agenda for tomorrow’s CMA Christmas party.  I wrapped little Lydia’s Christmas gift to take and Bill wrapped his guy gift.  Vikki had already wrapped my girl gift beautifully.


No comments: