Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Tues., 12/5/23, Did some knitting, made an ornament, went to prayer

 

This peace plant was from my niece’s wedding shower in 1999.  It was just a very small plant and she gave everyone there one.  It has grown so much this year. It is looking amazing and is getting the biggest blooms on it.


We ate breakfast and had our coffee, then read our Bibles and did our Advent Devotion.  I worked on knitting a dish cloth.  Bill took the garbage out.  We took a little nap in the afternoon.  I did more knitting.  Bill went to meet Alec and I went to intercessory prayer at church.  

When I got home, we watched a movie.  It was pretty boring, so we started a different one.  It was boring too, so we started a 3rd one which was based on a true story.  It was a true story about a young husband and dad that got sepsis.  He survived, but had to have hands, feet and part of his face cut off.  His wife and family stood by him, but it was so sad what he had to go through.  I am thankful Melissa had heard Dr. Oz talk about sepsis on his program, so when Hailey had symptoms, even though Bruce thought it was nothing, Melissa knew she needed to go to the hospital for treatment.  She had it in her hip, but they caught it fast and she was fine in a few days.  So thankful to the Lord.  

I didn’t know anything about it before that.  It’s good to know what the symptoms are because it has to be treated really fast or organs begin shutting down.  I didn’t know it could get as awful as it did for the person in the movie.  


No comments: