Saturday, December 23, 2023

Saturday, 12/23/23, Bill met Charlie for coffee, I baked stuff for tomorrow, Bill picked up Hickory Stick, Bill and I set up for tomorrow

 

Kit Kat and Hershey on the pool deck


My alarm on my watch went off at 8:30.  I didn’t purposely set it, but I tried changing an alarm to p.m from a.m and it must not have worked.  Good thing.  Bill was supposed to meet Charlie at 9.  He helped me make the bed, then hurried and got ready.  I got bread dough going in both bread makers.  Made a coffee and had a muffin that was left from yesterday.  Made pie crusts up for two pies.  Then made pudding for them.  Made a banana cream and a chocolate banana pie.  

Bill got home and we read our Bibles and did our Advent devotion.  It is such a great devotional.  Today was the last day.  Tomorrow we celebrate our family Christmas.  Can’t wait.  My favorite part is when Bill reads the Christmas story out of Luke in the Bible.  Kenzie just told me when we were getting ready for her shower and she had family traditions for people to write down, that it was one of her favorite traditions too.  Love focusing on the true meaning of Christmas.  

Bill brought the table I needed for desserts in from the garage.  We moved tables that needed moving, and he brought the two chairs up from the basement we need for our round table.  He brought my roaster oven up for me too and he made sure the garbages were taken out.  
I vacuumed and dusted since I had time to give it a quick once over.  Got the laundry caught up too.  Kenzie called me and I got to talk to her for a while.  Baby is doing good.  I can’t wait to see him tomorrow and everyone else too.  Bill went to get some Hickory stick from Jacks.  He bought a stick of it and had them slice it for him.  It is lots cheaper than buying their already sliced stuff.  A worker there told me to do that once and I have done it every time.  

Peeled lots of carrots and potatoes and have them covered in water. I have 3 roasts, one for the oven and two for crockpots.  Vikki FaceTimed me a couple of times.
Vikki is making a roast, carrots and potatoes too to bring.  The house should smell good tomorrow.  Bill and I watched a movie.  

No comments: