Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Tues., 12/19/23, Kimmy stopped to drop a couple of Christmas gifts off, went Christmas shopping, Bill and I took Hailey to Texas Roadhouse, went to Evan’s Christmas Program

Kit Kat on the table and the new kitty on the steps
Bill, Hailey and me at Texas Roadhouse
The waitress was holding the light right on Hailey while they all wished her a happy birthday.
Hailey right after they did that...I was shielding my eyes from the bright light
Evan at his Christmas program
 
 Evan playing percussion in the band


 
 
 
 
Evan in the choir
Melissa, Evan and Bruce
Bill, me, Evan, Dan (giving Evan bunny ears) and Brenda
Love Evan’s smile as he looks at the guilty bunny ears guy
Finally a serious picture of all of us grandparents

Ally and Hailey after the Christmas program
Kenzie sent me these adorable pictures of my sweet Rehvyn today


I made a cappuccino and had a muffin with it that Bill had picked up at Tim Horton’s for me.  We read our Bibles and did our devotions afterwards.  I finished some Christmas cards I had to get in the mail.  I read in one of my handwritten journals about when my dad in his 90’s told me his secret.  When he got a Christmas card that year, he would cut out the return address and then write out a Christmas card to them and stick the return address on the card to mail it.  I sure had to laugh at that memory.

I made up a list of things I still needed to pick up for Christmas gifts for a few people.  Kenzie sent me some adorable pictures of Rehvyn.  It is so sweet of her because she knows I love getting pictures of him and love him so much.  Kimmy called and was going to stop over before the boys dentist appointment and drop off a couple of gifts she picked up for me.  I was supposed to go meet Vikki at 2 at Hobby Lobby, but she had to cancel and we will go tomorrow.  Kimmy got to my house and came in for a couple minutes, then left for the dentist.  I was happy to see my Kimmy even for a couple of minutes.  I went to a few stores, then came home so I could get Hailey’s birthday present in a gift bag and fill out her card before we went to celebrate her birthday at Texas Roadhouse.   Kenzie called me and wanted me to order something for Travis for her.  I started doing that so it would maybe come before Christmas, when Hailey came.  I finished talking to Kenzie, granddaughter #1  and then we gave Hailey granddaughter #2 her gift.  I had to get my hug from her after she opened her card because I was on the phone.  She was very happy with her gifts because they were on the list she gave me.  We went to eat, and we all had sirloin steak and mashed potatoes.  We all loved the rolls there too.  They are the best. We always have fun with our Hailey girl. Bill and I had a salad too and Hailey had big Texan Fries.  She took lots of her food home.  We brought Hailey back to our house to get her car, then we drove and she drove to Evan’s Christmas program.  We saved seats for Melissa, Bruce, Jack, Dan and Brenda.  We had really good seats to see Evan.  It was a really nice program and Evan sang so nice and did his Scripture reading really well too.  We visited with Ginny, her mom and Ally after for a while, then with Brenda and Dan.  I took my traditional picture of Hailey and Ally, like I have done since they were in Kindergarten together.  We left and came home and watched a movie.

We had a great praise report from Bill’s sister, Angie.  Her husband had prostrate cancer and it went into the bone.  We had prayed with him to receive Jesus and for healing when we visited Kansas and stayed with them in October.  He had testing done and the results show no detectable cancer.  Yay!  What a Christmas miracle.  What a great and awesome God.  He had many praying for him for a long time and God was faithful to answer.  I am so happy.


No comments: